Is charger by "Chicony" is the original one for ACER Nitro 5 AN517-54-50ML?

Options
EvilHerber
EvilHerber Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Just bouth the ACER Nitro 5 AN517-54-50ML (Local tech store, new), installed windows yesterday, left it over the night - the laptop didn't turnon the next morning.
I made sure that charger is fully plugged - 2 clicks.
Pitch black screen and it won't turn on, is this charger original or I got scammed? The ones I saw across the internet - were branded as Acer and nothing else.

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,287 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, it's the original charger, did you fully charge the battery before the first use? anyway, turn off the laptop by pressing Power button, disconnect from Mains, press power button for 30 seconds, leave the laptop to rest for 20Minsa, reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery before start using it.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @EvilHerber,

It's original, Chicony is a third party manufacturer who makes adaptors for Acer.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,287 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, it's the original charger, did you fully charge the battery before the first use? anyway, turn off the laptop by pressing Power button, disconnect from Mains, press power button for 30 seconds, leave the laptop to rest for 20Minsa, reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery before start using it.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @EvilHerber,

It's original, Chicony is a third party manufacturer who makes adaptors for Acer.