UPDATED DRIVER FOR WINDOWS 10 FOR HL-DT-ST DVDRAM -GH70N ? - ASPIRE X3470

PAKMAN
PAKMAN Member Posts: 4 New User
  ASPIRE X3470 NOT READING  CD DVD ANY MORE. WINDOWS 10 DIAGNOSTICS SEZ DRIVE D IS WORKING NORMALLY???!!  

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• PAKMAN
    DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD AN UPDATED DRIVER FOR THE ASPIRE X3470   HL-DT-ST DVDRAM - GH70N?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    The optical drives all use the standard Windows drivers. Likely either the drive has gotten dirty inside or the laser is failing on it. Try first opening it up and blowing it out before looking for a replacement, but new drives are pretty inexpensive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PAKMAN
    HOW DO YOU TEST A LASER TO SEE IF IT IS GOOD OR DEFECTIVE?
  • billsey
    When a laser is bad everything else works with the drive, except it won't read or write. That's pretty much fatal, since a replacement drive is much, much cheaper than a repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PAKMAN
    When I go into " DEvices" on my W10 control panel , it is telling me the device is "Working Normally" , 
    if the Laser has failed , would this message still show ?   
  • billsey
    Yes it would, the laser is internal to the drive and the drive just says "I'm Here" or doesn't say anything at all.