Acer Swift 3 SF314-43-R2HF (Ryzen 5500U) - Low gaming performance on battery

Options
Panasi
Panasi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2022 in Windows 11
Hello everybody!
I have Acer Swift 3 SF314-43-R2HF, Ryzen 5 5500U, 8 Gb RAM, Windows 11. I noticed, when I play games with connected charger, I have stable 60 fps. I tested some old games with low system requierments. When I dissconect charger, I have FPS drops like every 20-30 seconds. Looks like processor frequency getting lower on battery mode. I didn't find any apps to adjust power saving settings on Ryzen. Can you help me?

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Acer recommends using AC power for gaming, you won't get enough power needed for gaming in battery mode, so I advise you to play games while connected to AC adaptor.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Also AMD has been doing a bunch of small updates to optimize for W11. They will eventually get rolled out as part of Windows Update, but until then gaming performance in W11 is somewhat subpar. Better to stick with W10 until they get it all sorted if the performance makes a big enough difference to you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Panasi,

1. Change Power plan profile in Windows 10. If your laptop is running slower, always check the power plan settings first. ...
    2. (Nvidia GPU) Disable Power saving mode. ...
    3. Check the BIOS/UEFI Settings. ...
    4. Reinstall Windows.
    https://smashgadget.com/blog/fix-fps-issues-on-battery/