C27-865 Frozen Purple screen and lock out

Footy61
Footy61 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi
Yesterday I experienced a flickering resolution on my all in one pc. I googled the issue and it was pointing to a windows software issue. I managed to check my updates and authorised a driver update. After that the PC worked fine for the rest of the day. This morning I go to switch on and now I am locked out. Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,431 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK. The mainboard LCD cable connector is next to the two USB2 ports on the bottom side of the mainboard. To re-seat it, you can pull it out partway while rocking it a bit. Then push it back in. Do it  a few times. If you can reach the other cable connector at the base of the LCD screen, try to do the  same thing. However, this LCD screen connector may be mylar-taped and hard to remove. In this case, just see if re-seating its mainboard connector might resolve the issue.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Congrats on your success! Thanks for reporting back.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    What do you mean by lockout? Log-in won't work?

Jack E/NJ

• Footy61

Tinkerer

Hello JackE I have now sorted out the issue with the help of a a friend. I needed to update the drivers etc. I wasn't aware that in the "Optional updates" once you ticked the arrow exposes a tick list of what you want updated.(Under Security section in settings) . I tried Alt control delete, switch off, pull out electric supply to drain, Hold down F2 key on start up. The purple solid screen completely locked me out completely. I couldn't get into Bios. After saying that something must have worked to finally allow me to get to the setting screen to sort out the updates. Regards Sue
  • JackE
    Congrats. Thanks for reporting back.

Jack E/NJ

• Footy61

Tinkerer

Hello JackE I have turned my PC on this morning and has gone back to purple screen despite having software updated and working yesterday. Every time I get on the screen to go to Task Manager it freezes up and wont allow me to use the mouse. Do you know how to get to the Bios when staring up so I can check the screen ? Regards Sue 
  • JackE
    Press and hold power button till machine shuts off. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the DEL key to enter the BIOS menu. You may not be able to see it either if the GPU or LCD cable is affected. If this happens, does HDMI cabled to a TV set look OK?

Jack E/NJ

• Footy61

Tinkerer

Purple screen came up but managed to get Bios. It originally froze and loaded 20% of the screen. After time I got it working and nothing was alerted to me in Bios. HDMI cable now attached to tv and is working fine on the TV. PC screen 90% solid purple/Blue but not taking instructions.
  • Footy61

Tinkerer

PC screen pic attached
  • JackE
    If the TV screen is OK, then the graphics adapter should be OK. That's a  good thing.

But I think your PC screen's connection to the mainboard is NOT OK. That's not so good but not too bad either. It's connectors may simply need to be re-seated a few times to help clean their internal contacts. However. this will require some disassembly.

Google search the keywords 'C27-865' 'disassembly' 'screen' for videos of what you'd be up against . Do you think you could handle it?

Jack E/NJ

• Footy61

Tinkerer

Just on a video now. Just to confirm that the main board is the mother board. I took the back off 2 days ago to see if anything was loose but nothing. I will watch the vid and see if I can do. Thank you
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    OK. The mainboard LCD cable connector is next to the two USB2 ports on the bottom side of the mainboard. To re-seat it, you can pull it out partway while rocking it a bit. Then push it back in. Do it  a few times. If you can reach the other cable connector at the base of the LCD screen, try to do the  same thing. However, this LCD screen connector may be mylar-taped and hard to remove. In this case, just see if re-seating its mainboard connector might resolve the issue.

Jack E/NJ

• Footy61

Tinkerer

Hi I was up early this morning keen to have a go at fixing this with your help. Fabulous news I've been able to do carry out the 2 new instructions and we have a successful fix. I would like to thank you for the invaluable time and information allowing me to fix it. Sue
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Congrats on your success! Thanks for reporting back.

Jack E/NJ