Mouse pairing with Dongle Aspire C27

avinashahuja15
avinashahuja15 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2022 in All-In-One PCs
My Acer Aspire C27 all-in-one wireless mouse has some problems, so I purchased a new wireless mouse. I want to pair the new mouse with the old Bluetooth USB dongle. How can I do this?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @avinashahuja15

Actually you won't be able to connect a different mouse with a different USB dongle. You need a respective dongle for the mouse that you have purchased.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    That is only true for non-Bluetooth mice, they use a different radio frequency and are matched to the dongle. If yours is Bluetooth it just needs to be paired with the system to work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • avinashahuja15
    avinashahuja15 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Thanks, Billset and Ragsak28. I suggested to all members to purchase a Logitech mouse and keyboards which are paired with any Logitech dongle with software.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Actually, Logitech mice and keyboard from different time periods don't pair with newer or older units. Not a problem if you are buying all new, but if you buy a keyboard from a thrift store and expect it to work with the mouse and dongle you got at a retail outlet, you will be disappointed. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.