Acer One 10 S1003 2gb ram model freezes on windows 10 installation

Options
JaniJoy
JaniJoy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi there, so my acer one 10 s1003 with 2gb ram freezes always when i want to install windows 10 on it. it freezes on the green acer logo when im trying to boot over usb a 32 bit windows 10 version. i tried also with older and newer versions but still the same problem. and another problem is that the bios is flipped 90 degrees to the left side.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    Options
    JaniJoy said:
    Hi there, so my acer one 10 s1003 with 2gb ram freezes always when i want to install windows 10 on it. it freezes on the green acer logo when im trying to boot over usb a 32 bit windows 10 version. i tried also with older and newer versions but still the same problem. and another problem is that the bios is flipped 90 degrees to the left side.

Try to take the battery out to reset the bios and take the ram out and the mechanical hdd also if its not faulty? Then clean the ram pins, then put everything back and reboot. These laptops are very basic and anything could contribute to their operation with Win-10.

• JaniJoy

Tinkerer

Options
    okay ill try that, thank you for your answer :) ill let u know if there is any problem
  • JaniJoy

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi, so i tried it and i cleaned the parts from dust but still same problem. i cant take out the ram because its a 2-in-1 windows 10 tablet and the ram is soddered to the motherboard. the only thing i took out was the battery but again, i cant install windows 10 32 bit home version and still same problem that it freezes when im trying to install windows 10 on it :( i can send u some pictures that u maybe can help.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    What made you decide to install Windows again? If the issue before was a failed drive, then an attempt to do a new install will fail when it first tries to write to, or even potentially read from, the drive. The S1003 models came with an embedded eMMC drive soldered to the motherboard, and the eMMC drives don't have a good track record for longevity...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JaniJoy

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    What made you decide to install Windows again? If the issue before was a failed drive, then an attempt to do a new install will fail when it first tries to write to, or even potentially read from, the drive. The S1003 models came with an embedded eMMC drive soldered to the motherboard, and the eMMC drives don't have a good track record for longevity...

So when windows 10 was already installed and without any issues, I wanted to install android os because i got then a new laptop and i thought that the acer one 10 s1003 can handle android os. but nothing worked and now im stuck with this problem cause i want to install windows 10 back, just like it used to be. It was the version Windows 10 Home 32bit cause of the 2gb ram.
  • JaniJoy

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:

And something else. I have read that if you want to install windows 10 32 bit on this s1003 windows tablet, the igpu uses about 128mb ram because it is integrated into the cpu. maybe that's the mistake. But I also read that some people need 2GB of RAM from version Windows 10 1607 (Redstone 1), which should theoretically be enough, because somehow people can also install Windows 10 with 1GB of RAM. i also tried to download older windows 10 versions 32 bit and it starts to load only then i get the windows 10 error "acpi bios error". I then researched on the internet and found out that this error can have many reasons, but then I checked and cleaned everything, just still the same problem.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    So what we are really trying to do here is to install the 32 bit version of Windows 10 Home and we can likely assume the drive itself is OK. How did you create your Windows install flash drive? That needs to be done correctly for it to boot in UEFI mode, and it needs to be UEFI in order for it to show up in the boot menu. First step is to verify that the BIOS is configured correctly, you need to turn the F12 boot menu on (enable it) or else you won't be able to ask it to boot from the flash drive. Then you need to turn Secure Boot off (disable it) in order for it to see that the flash drive is OK for booting. IF you have done those two changes and the install flash drive is setup right it should boot you into the install process. When it gets to the screen asking you where to install, make sure that all previous partitions on the drive are removed then install to the unallocated space. That allows Windows to create all the partitions need for it to run.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.