TC-895 case fan recommendations

Curra
Curra Member Posts: 4 New User
ls there a case fan that is known to run correctly with this pc? l see posts about Noctua fans not working so would love to know which fan does work correctly....BIOS version is R01-A3
l have a Cooler Master 212 Hyper enroute to install which will hopefully fix the constantly running cpu fan issue, but thought an additional case fan would help too

Best Answer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Curra

Acer doesn't use true PMW 4-pin connector for the SYS_fan and have seen many people reporting problems with some Nocuta fans . I had similar problem with a Nocuta case fan with my TC-885-UA91 too. 

Avoid Noctua fans when using Acer PC is a good idea. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Curra said:
    ls there a case fan that is known to run correctly with this pc? l see posts about Noctua fans not working so would love to know which fan does work correctly....BIOS version is R01-A3
    l have a Cooler Master 212 Hyper enroute to install which will hopefully fix the constantly running cpu fan issue, but thought an additional case fan would help too

Case fans run all the time they are not on a thermostat and/or regulated by any software. Your Aspire TC-895 needs normal 120mm fans and the premium 3 top fans available for “Case Fans” of those types are the following:

1. Noctua NF-P12 redux 

2. be quiet! Silent Wings 3 

3. Corsair LL120

Another solution is to get another case that has a much better and more premium cooling solution with bigger case fans sizes like 180mm, 200mm and 220mm fans, which are specifically for big size PC towers. Also and you many ask, do bigger the size of the case fan is better? Yes, the fan size technically matters as it dissipates heat quicker and faster, hence maintaining a cooler case environment which is better for your cpu, gpu, ssd and ram.

• Curra
    Curra Member Posts: 4 New User
    So, the case accepts 80 or 92mm fans. After considerable googling, the only brand that seems to actually work with this acer m/b is Cooler Master, so l've ordered one......will see how it goes (and if it goes  :)
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Curra

Acer doesn't use true PMW 4-pin connector for the SYS_fan and have seen many people reporting problems with some Nocuta fans . I had similar problem with a Nocuta case fan with my TC-885-UA91 too. 

Avoid Noctua fans when using Acer PC is a good idea.