Issue with Monitor XB323QK NV Sometime the monitor bug and turn completly grey or with "line"

Options
Tentacle_Blue
Tentacle_Blue Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Predator Monitors
Hello, 

I have recently buy the XB323QK NV, I experience issue with the monitor. Sometime the monitor bug and turn completly grey or with "line" (Photo attach). 
I update the firmware that haven't solve the problem.
Aslo try to change the display cable that doesn't change anything. 

Config :
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K 
ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Asus TUF 10OG 
64Go Ram

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    Are you using chrome browser when this happens?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Tentacle_Blue,

What cable is connected to it ?
  • JackE
    Options

Jack E/NJ

• Tentacle_Blue

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Yes but also on some game for no reason. 
  • Tentacle_Blue

Tinkerer

Options
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Are you using chrome browser when this happens?>>>Yes but also on some game for no reason. >>>
    Try FireFox instead. Report back with results.

Jack E/NJ

• Tentacle_Blue

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Are you using chrome browser when this happens?>>>Yes but also on some game for no reason. >>>
    Try FireFox instead. Report back with results.
    I try same issue with Firefox and Opera... I'm starting to ask myself if I will not send it back to the SAV
  • JackE
    edited April 2022
    Options
    This may be PC issue. Have you posted the problem on the ASUS or ROG forums?

Jack E/NJ

• Tentacle_Blue

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    This may be PC issue. Have you posted the problem on the ASUS or ROG forums?
    So I try with a different graphic card same issue... Do I have to send back the screen ? 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>So I try with a different graphic card same issue.>>>

Do you have friends with another laptop or desktop to test monitor behavior? Or connect to a TV set to test the GPU & motherboard? Until you test BOTH monitor and PC+GPU, it might be waste of time to have monitor serviced if it's actually the PC+GPU with the problem.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try with a different cable, in case you got a bad one. If that makes no difference it is time to get Acer involved, unless the monitor is new enough that you can just swap it with your vendor.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options
    He's also gotta rule out problems with his ASUS PC's GPU hardware before bugging ACER on the monitor!

Jack E/NJ

• Tentacle_Blue

Tinkerer

edited April 2022
    Options
    JackE said:
    He's also gotta rule out problems with his ASUS PC's GPU hardware before bugging ACER on the monitor!
    So I make different test :
    - no crash during a benchmark 
    - I have less issue when i'm in game (Elden Ring full resolution / all high) 
    - plug a other screen on the GPU : I get the issue on the acer screen (DP (2 diffèrent cable) or HDMI) not on the BenQ (HDMI) on watching a video or other stuff. Didn't get any issue with the BenQ when it's plug alone. 
    - plug the screen on my Macbook pro in HDMI : no issue 

• Tentacle_Blue

Tinkerer

edited April 2022
    Options
    billsey said:
    Try with a different cable, in case you got a bad one. If that makes no difference it is time to get Acer involved, unless the monitor is new enough that you can just swap it with your vendor.
    I try multiple cable... I get this screen 26 feb 2022 so I will ask to swap it   :( 

• Tentacle_Blue

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    So I make different test :
    - no crash during a benchmark 
    - I have less issue when i'm in game (Elden Ring full resolution / all high) 
    - plug a other screen on the GPU : I get the issue on the acer screen (DP (2 diffèrent cable) or HDMI) not on the BenQ (HDMI) on watching a video or other stuff. Didn't get any issue with the BenQ when it's plug alone. 
    - plug the screen on my Macbook pro in HDMI : no issue 

Sorry make a misstake 
    - plug the screen on my Macbook pro in HDMI : SAME ISSUE 
  • JackE
    Options
    Immediately return the monitor to the vendor as defective for an exchange or refund before the vendor's return merchandise authorization (RMA) period ends --- vendor RMA period usually is only a few weeks.. ACER warranty repair service will take longer.  

Jack E/NJ