Switch alpha 12 (sa5-271p) keyboard not working

rezarss
rezarss Member Posts: 8 New User
edited April 2022 in Windows 11
hi
i think windows 8 or 10 (boot mode: legacy) was installed in Switch alpha 12 (sa5-271p) when i bought this laptop.
i upgraded to windows 11 (boot mode: legacy) and everything was working correctly.
two days ago i wanted to upgrade to new build windows 11. i downloaded windows 11 iso file and while installing it asked me uefi bios.

i converted boot mode from legacy to uefi by this tutorial : 
How to Convert Legacy BIOS to UEFI in Windows 10 and 11 - Make Tech Easier

after that i installed new build windows 11. it launched correctly and keyboard was woking.
then i turned off the laptop and clean the keyboard completely using tissue and alcohol.

after about 5 hours, turned on the laptop but keyboard didn't work till now.

i upgraded bios version from 1.01 to 1.06 but still doesn't work.

i downgraded to windows 10 still doesn't work.

i downloaded two keyboard drivers in BIOS/Firmware section from bellow link 
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6807?b=1
Keyboard Firmware (date:2016/08/10 Version:097) : it says "no device"

New Keyboard Firmware for Backlight Flicking and Wrong Key (date:2016/11/08%20Version:099) : it says "please plug-in Acekeyboard!"

i don't know what to do

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• rezarss
    F2 doesn't take me into the bios and windows starts launching
    also in bios, keyboard doesn't work. 
    plus
    this cmd pops up in windows:

• rezarss
    - external keyboard using USB3 Port works correctly
    - current device manager screen shot is bellow

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    You are going to have to install the chipset drivers and serial IO drivers for Windows 10. Since Windows 11 isn't supported with your Switch Alpha 12 you will continue to have issues with driver updates. Just for my information, why did you set the system up for Legacy boot? It defaulted to UEFI and UEFI is so much nicer for any modern OS...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rezarss
    when i bought this device, the boot mode was Legacy.

i installed win 11 with legacy boot and everything was good. 

i decided to install newer version of win 11 (Windows.11.v21H2.Build.22000.493.x64-VL), it asked me boot mode UEFI. so i converted boot mode from legacy to UEFI (followed by this tutorial: How to Convert Legacy BIOS to UEFI in Windows 10 and 11 - Make Tech Easier ) and then installed new windows 11 and keyboard just worked for first time. after shutting down and turning it on again, keyboard didn't work
  • rezarss
    i Was facing same issue . Thanks to all now i solved my issue 
    could you please tell me how you solved this problem?
  • billsey
    That yours came originally with a legacy boot environment is really, really weird. I bought one of the first SA12s when they were offered and it came with W10. They stopped using legacy boot as a default with W8 and supported UEFI starting with W7sp1. As I said before, you need to have the chipset drivers and serial IO driver installed to use the keyboard. You should be able to install the W10 drivers, even in your unsupported W11 environment though.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rezarss
    i installed chipset drivers and serial IO driver downloaded from link bellow but keyboard still doesn't work.
  • rezarss
    billsey said:
    That yours came originally with a legacy boot environment is really, really weird. I bought one of the first SA12s when they were offered and it came with W10. They stopped using legacy boot as a default with W8 and supported UEFI starting with W7sp1. As I said before, you need to have the chipset drivers and serial IO driver installed to use the keyboard. You should be able to install the W10 drivers, even in your unsupported W11 environment though.
    i installed chipset drivers and serial IO driver downloaded from link bellow but keyboard still doesn't work.

• billsey
    Did those "Other Devices" go away in Device Manager?
  • rezarss
    billsey said:
    Did those "Other Devices" go away in Device Manager?
    there's no "Other Devices" in Device Manager

device manager screenshot:

• billsey
    Good, so you did get drivers installed for them...