the max is always 60hz No 144hz option for GN246HL

Options
Omnithis
Omnithis Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in Monitors
I'm pretty sure that the GN246HL supports 144hz. I recently bought an HDMI cable that should support it as well, but when I check, the max is always 60hz. 
I've tried Windows Settings, Nvidea Display Settings, and tried messing with the Monitor's system and couldn't find anything. 

Any pointers?
[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Answers

• Omnithis
    Omnithis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Ok, so I've been digging on discord, and so apparently any type of HDMI doesn't work. I need like a DVI cable. My GPU doesn't support DVI, so I guess I'll stick with 60hz.
  • rodimus
    rodimus Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

@Easwar You're posting backwards information. We know know this already but thx for the effort. The same information is located within Acer.

The problem is we're being forced to use a cable that is out dated with most gpu's.

Example: my lap top which has a 3070ti does not have a dvi output only HDMI/Display C port yet the monitor has an HDMI and DVI.

We cannot achieve 144hz with any HDMI. I've tried all variations. I've even used an HDMI 2.1 ultra with a DVI 24-pin adapter to hook into monitor. No go.

The only thing I haven't tried is an actual Dual DVI-D cable with an adapter to laptop. I highly doubt that will work too.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried that yet?

• rodimus
    Options

Purchased a USB 3 Thunderbolt to DVI-D. Will report back shortly.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

What you haven't yet told us is the laptop or desktop you have and what GPU it has. Just because it has an HDMI out port doesn't mean it supports faster refreshes than 60Hz. We know you have an NVIDIA GPU in it, but not which one...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rodimus
    Options

G533ZW

12th Geb Intel i9-12900H

NIVDIA 2070Ti

Thunderbolt 4, USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C, HDMI 2.1-out

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, so a 2070 ti should be able to run faster than 60Hz refresh, so it's not your card. Further reading of the specs on the monitor say HDMI 1.4 which should also handle 144Hz, but the manual says "Modes that require a dual link DVI cable and compatible graphic card." I guess that measn the only way to get 144Hz is with the dual link DVI, and that's going to be a different card than your 2070 ti. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rodimus
    Options

My bad. I meant to say I have a 3070 ti

The issue is not the video card. It's the monitor. DVI is old tech and they're not produced in new laptop's anymore.

I have more powerful output options.

The point finale is; This monitor cannot use anything other than a dual link dvi on both ends in order to achieve 144hz.

I have just received my new monitor which is 240hz Acer Nitro. Glad I made that decision.

Thanks.

Case closed.

• Siinz
    Siinz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I picked up this monitor for next to nothing and now I see why lol. I tried everything except dual link DVI-D cable. My PC doesnt have DVI port also so my last attempt is dual link DVI-D cable with DVI to display port adapter. Last attempt.

• Yogaattender
    Yogaattender Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options