what gpu will work for acer aspire xc-1660g-uw93 desktop as a dedicated gpu?

slowcomputer
slowcomputer Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
what gpu will work for acer aspire xc-1660g-uw93 desktop as a dedicated gpu?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    It should work with any of the newer ones that don't need higher than a 300W PSU.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • slowcomputer
    billsey said:
    It should work with any of the newer ones that don't need higher than a 300W PSU.
    the gt 1030 didn't work. it meets requirement
  • slowcomputer
    i'm asking if someone has put a gpu into their acer aspire xc-1660g-uw93 and what gpu that was.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited April 2022
    billsey said:
    the gt 1030 didn't work. it meets requirement

Listen here slowcomputer as this is only my suggestion, so take it as you want? Firstly, the GT-1030 is not a modern GPU and but it should work 100%, where did you get that it doesn’t? As the GT-1030 requires a suggested PSU of 200W and a Bus Interface of PCIe 3.0 x4 that the XC-1660g-UW93 has and its specs are of Intel Core i5 11400F, I/O Expansions of 1x PCI Express x16 slot and a PSU of 300W which is way above the specs required for the GT-1030. What billsey has suggested is not an old GPU like the GT-1030 but the current 16 series or 20 series or even the 30 series NVIDIA GOPU’s as all this depends on your budget? My suggestion to you is to upgrade your XC-1660g-UW93 with its i5-11400 and its OEM DDR4 8GB (that can be upgraded to DDR4 32GB max) is to get the modern GPU’s.

With any GPU you need the appropriate PSU first! With the Intel Core i5 11400F that the XC-1660g-UW93 comes OEM with, it can also handle most high-end graphics cards, but knowing which ones are ideal to pair with this CPU is crucial. Despite the fact that it can support the RTX 3090 and provide excellent 4K performance, it is not recommended due to a large price difference between the CPU and GPU. A well-balanced combination can help you get more bang for your buck. Meanwhile, if you pair the RTX 3090 with a processor like the i7 11700K, you may get even more performance.

So, if you want to select a graphics card intelligently, you should look at the performance and specifications of the various graphics cards. It’s also essential to avoid selecting a GPU that operates at less than 90% while the i5 runs at 100%, since this will reduce overall performance. As a result, I suggest a graphics card for this 11th gen Intel CPU, which will enable you to play games at resolutions ranging from 1080p to 1440p with 60+ frames per second in most titles which are like the following and suitable by its budget to best bang for performance to compatibility ranks of the following cards for your desktop:

1. EVGA GTX 1650 Super SC Ultra Gaming 

2. ASUS - DUAL-GTX1660S-O6G-EVO

3. XFX - RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO 

4.  ASUS TUF Gaming - GeForce RTX 3060 OC

5. MSI - Gaming X Trio Geforce RTX 3060 Ti

Also and to be honest, you can go with the RTX 3070 and RTX 3080 as well, but I’d rather go with an i5 11600K or i7 11700K with those monster graphics cards to keep my system balanced. With overclocking enabled and more cores/threads, you’ll get more frames per second in games and be able to do many CPU-intensive activities quicker. with those CPU's. Good luck and hope this helps you out and gives you an idea of what is involved.

• slowcomputer
    ty for your help, but the issue isn't what gpu to choose, although they do have to be low profile, but will they work. the gt 1050 didn't and i don't think it was bad gpu. the bios isn't what the acer docs say it suppose to be and has video locks in it.
  • slowcomputer
    i was hoping to find someone with the same pc that had successful inserted a gpu.