Taskbar does not show up - Aspire 7 A715-42G

Pro_S
Pro_S Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited April 2022 in Windows 11

Taskbar does not show up if any Window is Maximized even if I move my cursor to the bottom 

I updated my Acer Aspire 7 (A715-42G) laptop from Win10 to Win 11 in the month of October and it has been running very well ever since, I didn't encounter any problem with it until recently. So my Taskbar is in Auto-Hide mode as I like it. So whenever an app is "Maximized" the taskbar doesn't show up even if I take my cursor to the very bottom of the screen, no matter whether I take it to the centre or to the left or right corner. I have to press the Start button every time to show taskbar or else I have to Minimize all my open apps for it. It is very frustrating as it's one of the basic functions, to switch between apps. To Press Start button every time I have to move my 2nd hand or leave the mouse.

I read an article of someone having the same problem and someone suggested to End Explorer task and then run it again and restart the PC, I did so yet the problem is present. I tried SFC /Scannow still no difference. If anyone has some other Solution please tell, or if anyone is also facing the same problem do let me know.

(Note: This problem started only a week or two ago, It was working totally fine before..)

Link to Screen Capture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ud-4SrR-fOO1RdGkbJgAeJraAFXgvE_b/view?usp=sharing

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Sorry. Looks like this is another Win11 bug reported and still unresolved by many Win11 users  See this link if you haven't already. It seems the taskbar actually does unhide on the desktop. But then gets hidden by the maxxed out Window. Fairly lame. And another confirmation that the Win11 release was premature. It's not even half-baked like Win10 still is. One user did report that if you left-click in the right corner, the taskbar will appear.

Google search the keywords --- taskbar won't unhide windows 11 mouse hover --- and join the crowd. If you find a solution, let us know.

Jack E/NJ

• Pro_S
    !!!UPDATE HERE!!!

I posted this issue on both Microsoft and Acer community simultaneously and I got the solution on Microsoft Community.
    Apparently its a problem from NVIDIA, As soon as I turned off the In-Game Overlay the taskbar started functioning properly. Please help anyone you see having the same problem by just telling to turn off the In-Game overlay. 

• JackE
    Thanks for reporting back on the fix? Was this overlay a problem in Win10? If not, perhaps you might want to install one of the Nov2021 Win11  nvidia updates at this link to see it goes away.

Jack E/NJ

• Pro_S
    JackE said:
    Thanks for reporting back on the fix? Was this overlay a problem in Win10? If not, perhaps you might want to install one of the Nov2021 Win11  nvidia updates at this link to see it goes away.
    This problem was present in that Driver too.. Before turning off overlay I uninstalled present NVIDIA driver and installed November driver from Acer product support but the issue was present. As of Win10 this problem was not present in Win10 for me but I can't say for sure as I don't think I actually turned on overlay when I was using Win10. Now I am on Latest NVIDIA driver downloaded from GeForce Experience and with overlay off there's no problem, except that I won't get to keep a check on FPS while gaming but that's a infinitely small trade off to getting the taskbar by hovering down and not to press start button everytime or I can just turn on Overlay while gaming but I am lazy and I know I won't bother to do it lol. 
  • JackE
    With the overlay on, does left-clicking the lower right corner make the taskbar appear?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Make sure you report the behavior to NVIDIA too. They are most likely to fix it if they know it's happening. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.