USB HUB not working NITRO 5 AN515-57

E23A
E23A Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi guys! Just bought this laptop a week ago and I'm having a hard time finding a way to make my usb hub work! All my usb hub (Type A 2.0 and type C connectors) doesn't work on any of the ports. Well, it basically work after 5 minutes plugging it in  but IT MAKE THE  APPS UNRESPONSIVE AND LAPTOP HEATS UP LIKE CRAZY!   Thought WINDOWS 11 was the issue, downgraded OS to WIN 10 still no avail. Please help! :|

Tried

Power management modification
Install/ Uninstall drivers via Dev manager
Fresh install Win 11 2x
Fresh install Win 10 2x
Updated BIOS

PS. Peripherals eg. keyboard and mouse are working fine when connected straight to the laptops ports.  

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,517 Trailblazer
    E23A said:
    Hi guys! Just bought this laptop a week ago and I'm having a hard time finding a way to make my usb hub work! All my usb hub (Type A 2.0 and type C connectors) doesn't work on any of the ports. Well, it basically work after 5 minutes plugging it in  but IT MAKE THE  APPS UNRESPONSIVE AND LAPTOP HEATS UP LIKE CRAZY!   Thought WINDOWS 11 was the issue, downgraded OS to WIN 10 still no avail. Please help! :|

Tried

Fresh install Win 11 2x
    Fresh install Win 10 2x
    Updated BIOS

PS. Peripherals eg. keyboard and mouse are working fine when connected straight to the laptops ports.  

Its not your laptop as I’ve got an AN515-56 and its working properly and 100% with all drivers nvidia, intel latest drivers and will all Win-11 updates and Win-11 work perfectly without any issues, so go back to Win-11 as that is what your AN515-57 was built for and will work best with and for the future! My AN515-56 doesn’t overheat but and what I’ve found is that these laptops are very sensitive to 3rd party hubs and/or tablet coolers USB hubs being connected to them, as I’ve got a Zalman tablet cooler and whenever I connect its 4x hub with its USB 2.0’s posts the laptop turn off and has allot of power issues with the Zalamn USB hubs. The problem is your hub not your AN515-57.  

• E23A

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    E23A said:

Tried

Fresh install Win 11 2x
    Fresh install Win 10 2x
    Updated BIOS

Its not your laptop as I’ve got an AN515-56 and its working properly and 100% with all drivers nvidia, intel latest drivers and will all Win-11 updates and Win-11 work perfectly without any issues, so go back to Win-11 as that is what your AN515-57 was built for and will work best with and for the future! My AN515-56 doesn’t overheat but and what I’ve found is that these laptops are very sensitive to 3rd party hubs and/or tablet coolers USB hubs being connected to them, as I’ve got a Zalman tablet cooler and whenever I connect its 4x hub with its USB 2.0’s posts the laptop turn off and has allot of power issues with the Zalamn USB hubs. The problem is your hub not your AN515-57.  

Thanks for your reply! looks like I need to upgrade my Usb hub to 3.0 now. Do you know what USB Hub brand works well with my laptop? 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,517 Trailblazer
    edited April 2022
    E23A said:
    StevenGen said:
    E23A said:

Tried

Fresh install Win 11 2x
    Fresh install Win 10 2x
    Updated BIOS

Thanks for your reply! looks like I need to upgrade my Usb hub to 3.0 now. Do you know what USB Hub brand works well with my laptop? 

My top pick is the “Anker USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 10-Port USB Data Hub” or the “EZQuest USB-C Multimedia Hub” but the Anker hubs are good as they also have a wide range, so look them up. But it depends how many usb ports you want as the premium hub is the EZQuest USB-C Multimedia Hub but its costly.

Anker USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 10-Port USB Data Hub

EZQuest USB-C Multimedia Hub

• E23A

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    E23A said:
    StevenGen said:
    E23A said:

Tried

Fresh install Win 11 2x
    Fresh install Win 10 2x
    Updated BIOS

My top pick is the “Anker USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 10-Port USB Data Hub” or the “EZQuest USB-C Multimedia Hub” but the Anker hubs are good as they also have a wide range, so look them up. But it depends how many usb ports you want as the premium hub is the EZQuest USB-C Multimedia Hub but its costly.

Anker USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 10-Port USB Data Hub

EZQuest USB-C Multimedia Hub

Might go with ANKER, the more ports the merrier :)
    Does AN515 -57 usb 3.0 ports supports display output? I have 2 external monitor set up using my old HP laptop and currently using 1 external monitor via HDMI. 
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder
    @E23A try to look at the Type-C port to see if it has the Thunderbolt symbol (looks like lightning.) If it has, then you can buy a Type-C hub that has an HDMI/ display port so that you can use a second external monitor. 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • E23A

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @E23A try to look at the Type-C port to see if it has the Thunderbolt symbol (looks like lightning.) If it has, then you can buy a Type-C hub that has an HDMI/ display port so that you can use a second external monitor. 
    My usb ports has the USB trident logo and a plus symbol right beside it
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder
    @E23A I see. It seems that the USB-C port works like a normal USB port only. If so, you can get a USB 3.0 to HDMI adpater. 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • DMElysium
    DMElysium Member Posts: 5 New User

For clarification - the "USB HUB" in which you are asking about - (similar listing in your Device Manager) and not an external usb hub?