What drivers to update system - TC-865

Nio11
Nio11 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello Acer Community: 

I have a TC-865 NESelecti3 Desktop Windows 10 Pro. 

I need to know what drivers I should be installing to update the system so it can pick up the below described SSD drive. ANY help would be appreciated. 
I have had this computer since 2018 

I have a Samsung T5 SSD External drive, it works with all other computers in the house even MAC, but my windows 10 (previous home now pro) I updated it thinking that might solve the issue (it didn't) refuses to work on this PC. I have spent weeks troubleshooting, cmd configurations, my God, it just will not work. When I go into device manager it shows the drive but with the exclamation point. I have downloaded the drivers, but when you go into devices (you know the icons that show you the devices you have on the computer) it shows a generic picture of a drive. When I go into (update driver) it says I have the latest one on my system. However, when I go into (details) in the box the explains (errors) it says " No driver found for this device " I paid over 200.00 for this thing and now it won't work on my PC... PLEASE if anyone can help... Oh, one other thing... When I connect the drive to the computer it crashes the USB functions. Everything else works, but ALL USB become un-operational. I then have to go through all these steps to bring the system back up. As I said, it works on all other computers so it's not the drive. I also did the update thing (operational updates) nothing works. Thank you for your time, Nio
Show less

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    It doesn't sound like it's likely a driver issue. Perhaps a power problem on the port you are trying? Have you tried it on each of the USB ports?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited April 2022
    Nio11 said:
    Hello Acer Community: 

I have a TC-865 NESelecti3 Desktop Windows 10 Pro. 

I need to know what drivers I should be installing to update the system so it can pick up the below described SSD drive. ANY help would be appreciated. 
    I have had this computer since 2018 

I have a Samsung T5 SSD External drive, it works with all other computers in the house even MAC, but my windows 10 (previous home now pro) I updated it thinking that might solve the issue (it didn't) refuses to work on this PC. I have spent weeks troubleshooting, cmd configurations, my God, it just will not work. When I go into device manager it shows the drive but with the exclamation point. I have downloaded the drivers, but when you go into devices (you know the icons that show you the devices you have on the computer) it shows a generic picture of a drive. When I go into (update driver) it says I have the latest one on my system. However, when I go into (details) in the box the explains (errors) it says " No driver found for this device " I paid over 200.00 for this thing and now it won't work on my PC... PLEASE if anyone can help... Oh, one other thing... When I connect the drive to the computer it crashes the USB functions. Everything else works, but ALL USB become un-operational. I then have to go through all these steps to bring the system back up. As I said, it works on all other computers so it's not the drive. I also did the update thing (operational updates) nothing works. Thank you for your time, Nio
    Show less

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

What happens when you connect the Samsung T5 SSD and look in Disk Management? Does it show the drive as “Basic and Online" (see caption below as that is how your SSD should be showing up) or is it showing Offline or not at all? If your SSD doesn’t sowh up in Disk Management then this drive is not formatted properly to be recognised by your TC-865 format or the USB port is faulty? Also, try it with the USB-C cord instead of your USB 3.0 port (if you have a USB-C port?) on your desktop, as this drive comes with both cords. Also and if its showing in Device Manager with an error exclamation sigh, then there is something wrong and you will not be able to connect this drive if its got a format error and you will need to reformat the SSD again in the TC-865 > Disk Management and follow this guide “How to format a new hard drive on Windows 10” for this SSD to work. Btw, the below caption is my external Seagate Barracuda 2TB mechanical drive made into an external HDD and formatted in GUID (GPT) format that works 100%.

Samsung T5 SSD External drive in box parts