KG281K Monitor HDR Yellowish

Options
rodmetal
rodmetal Member Posts: 2 New User
I bought a KG281K Gaming Monitor, and the HDR function is yellowish.

I have tried different devices like PC, laptops, PS4 Pro, Xbox Series X, and all of them show yellowish image in the HDR function.

Also, I noticed the monitor does not allow me to change the color temperature or Modes for HDR. If I change it, the HDR is disabled.

Any way to solve that?

Thanks.

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi @ rodmetal

Once part of the Insider Program (Dev Channel), if your PC monitor is already configured to use HDR, you will automatically receive the Auto HDR PC gaming experience. Otherwise, to explicitly enable/disable Auto HDR, look no further than the Windows HD Color Settings page

• rodmetal
    rodmetal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Jeyam said:

Hi @ rodmetal

Once part of the Insider Program (Dev Channel), if your PC monitor is already configured to use HDR, you will automatically receive the Auto HDR PC gaming experience. Otherwise, to explicitly enable/disable Auto HDR, look no further than the Windows HD Color Settings page

Sorry. I didn't get it. What would be this Insider Program? How about games console like PS4 Pro, Xbox Series X?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    That user is just quoting Google searches... :) That particular bit is from MS describing their Windows Insider program for Windows 10 when HDR support was first being tested prior to launch. I don't have one of these newer monitors, so can't come up with suggestions myself. You might try in the gamers areas here, yours isn't too different than the ones for the Nitro and Predator desktops. Be sure and include the full model number, like KG281K bmiipx. Those last batch of letters define the specs of your SKU.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @rodmetal,

Please post the pic here.