My Aspire 7, which i brought in may 2021, screw holder broke. what to do?

Pranavj975
Pranavj975 Member Posts: 1 New User
My Aspire 7, which i brought in may 2021, screw holder broke. what to do? Now if i open my laptop, the whole back panel is openeing, Even after mailing acer customer care for 2 days, i got no response. The screw that is installed in the back panel, the plastic body, that broke. I need help as i work on it for my office work and gaming. Please if anyone had same issues please help.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Click on this link. Choose your country. Click support button at top of country page. Enter machine's serial number id (SNID). Use chatline or phone number instead of email.

Jack E/NJ

• raval2409
    raval2409 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hey! faced the same issue did you fix it? 
  • Teja1115
    Teja1115 Member Posts: 1 New User

Me also facing same problem…can you please help me

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

If it's still under warranty, click this link. Choose your country. Click support link at top of country page. Enter machine's serial number id (SNID) and arrange for warranty repair service by the contact methods provided. If it's not under warranty, you can probably use a two-part epoxy like JBWeld to repair the plastic screw anchor.

Jack E/NJ

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,065 Trailblazer

Those tiny brass thread inserts if pulled loose are very difficult to glue back as most of the plastic housing (star) at the base is also gone/broken and it will be next to impossible to line up the tiny brass insert with the screw hole without any insert guide (been there done that), Even if you manage to glue the insert back It will be too deep for the screw to reach (need longer screws). I counted at least 9 screws on your model to secure the back cover so if one came loose the other 8 screws will still be able to firmly close the back of your laptop (I got 3 screws missing on my laptop). If also the small plastic catches that snap the back tightly shut broke from the back cover, you need to replace the back cover ($20 eBay).