Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 - Audio Issue on Bluetooth and Earphone

Options
yinyue
yinyue Member Posts: 3 New User
I have been having this issue since I had bought the laptop last year (2021).
When I was using windows 10, like others in the community, the audio glitches (switching default audio).
I upgraded to windows 11, from then on I cannot use other audio, regardless if it is via plug or bluetooth.
When bluetooth earphone is paired it disconnect soon, it does not show in the available input/output (sound setting).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.

Do you have any other solution?

Thank you.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    @yinyue

Let us try the basic steps first..

Try windows x 
    Go to device manager - Go to sound video and game controllers.  Expand it 
    Uninstall the sound driver from device manager.  Please uninstall all the items below the sound video and game controllers. Restart the computer.  It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 

Uninstall the sound driver from device manager 
    Dont restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the sound driver 

click on start - settings - system – sound – You will see  chose your output and input device 
    On the " chose your output device "  - chose headset or speakers as you desire..
    On the "chose your input device" - click on drop down menu - chose microphone as the input 

On type here to search on the lower left corner 
    type microphone privacy 
    go to microphone privacy settings on the top
    check whether  Allow access to the microphone on this device is on 
    If it is off - click on change and turn it on

Allow apps to access your microphone is on 

Scroll down - chose which microsoft store apps can access your microphone
    check the apps escpecially zoom, skype , camera to on

Allow Desktop apps to access your microphone to on

It should work fine ..

Please use the link for reference purpose 
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-windows-10-upgrade-issue-internal-microphone-not-working/

Please go through on the details given below for better understanding.. 

Kindly follow the details from link 

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/headset-mic-not-working-fixed/

If it is still not working then we have to do a refresh and reset

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top  - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything
    chose keep my files 
    chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 
    It will be in progress.. 
    login to computer and start using the computer. 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 
    chose remove everything 
    click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset
    It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) -  all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos  will still be intact.   Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset  ( remove everything )  - you are doing a factory default.   It will become like a day one computer.    It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

You can also do the recovery in an alternative way..

There are two alt keys on the keyboard.  If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar.  The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car.  Turn off the computer.  Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode.  It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.   If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer.  Turn on the computer.  Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt )  and then tap f10 continuously.  It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot
    Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc
    click on keep my files  ( only applications will be lost )   chose your account and type your password   - click on local reinstall  - click on reset
    It will be in progress 

If the keep my files option is not working 

Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – just remove my files – click on reset 
    It will reinstall windows. 

If the just remove my files is not working.. 

Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – Fully clean the drive – click on reset 
    It will reinstall windows. 

Note: You can also go to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot by holding the alt key + tapping f10  or alt gr + tapping f10 on the keyboard while turning on the computer.    Once you see the troubleshoot option, you can stop tapping the f10 and stop holding the alt key.    Then you can try the keep my files and remove everything ( just remove by files and fully clean the drive ) by following the steps which was mentioned above. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• yinyue
    Options
    @William_mk2

I already tried installing and reinstalling from device manager.
    Downloaded driver from acer site.

Tried to reset PC both keeping files and removing all but still the same.

The only audio I can use is the default speaker and default microphone.

I cannot use other external accessories like bluetooth earphone and plug earphone

"click on start - settings - system – sound – You will see  chose your output and input device 
    On the " chose your output device "  - chose headset or speakers as you desire..
    On the "chose your input device" - click on drop down menu - chose microphone as the input"

other devices are not showing in the choice because it is not connecting to my device.

I tried my external device (bluetooth and jacked earphone) to a different Nitro 5 and other devices, it is working just fine. Only in my Nitro 5 it is not working.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    yinyue

Try to download and install the bluetooth driver and check..

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8305?b=1

After downloading and installing the bluetooth driver.    Go to bluetooth settings - turn on the bluetooth - add a device  - chose the device and connect
    Also pair the bluetooth device with the computer by pressing the connect button on the bluetooth device. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Have you gone through the pairing process for the Bluetooth devices again after the W11 upgrade?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yinyue
    Options
    @William_mk2 I did it as advise, no avail, still the same.

@billsey yes I did, multiple times already.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, with the Bluetooth device paired and turned on, go to sound settings on the laptop and look at the output devices. Is the Bluetooth device listed at all?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xefthimiax
    xefthimiax Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am having the same issue - did you have any luck? If I use a BT sound device, the BT only connects the mic of the headphones, not the speakers.

• shiroviper
    shiroviper Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2023
    Options

I have an Edifier W600BT Bluetooth headphone and Acer Nitro 5 (Intel 10300h/RTX 3060 model). It will connect successfully in my laptop but after a couple of seconds, it will stuck switching speakers and headphone. I found the fix itself since most of the fix in the Google not working for me. This method it may or may not help your issue. I want to share the fix specially have the same Bluetooth headphone and acer laptop model.

1.     Connect your Bluetooth headphone

2.     Once connected, wait a couple of seconds until it will keep switching in playback menu.

3.     Open ‘Device Manager’

4.     Disable ‘EDIFIER W600BT Hands-Free AG’ (it may vary on your Bluetooth headphone) under ‘System Devices’

5.      Disable ‘Headset (EDIFIER W600BT Hands-Free)’ under ‘Audio inputs and outputs’.

6.     Once done, restart your laptop. 

• shiroviper
    shiroviper Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Forget this, finally found true solution and it is stable for days now. Just download and install the bluetooth driver specified in Acer support driver

• Shrin_sama
    Shrin_sama Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

but that worked for me as well, if it poses any further problem i'll try doing that then