Windows XP X64 Drivers for Aspire M3970

thom0523
thom0523 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hello, I would like to play old games on my computer, Its An Aspire M3970, Its has all the specs that it need to run my old games but they dont launch because of drivers missing.
If its possible i would like to receive a reply with all the links for the driver.
Thank you!

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,091 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Your M3970, although an old system, isn't old enough for there to be XP drivers for it. Its 2nd gen chipset does allow for virtualization. Perhaps running XP in a VM will work better, since it will use the VM graphics drivers instead of trying to go directly to the hardware.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • thom0523

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    And also i need drivers for the graphics card Nvedia GT 530.

and yeah i will try when i will be able

• AnhEZ28
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • thom0523

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @AnhEZ28 I am not able to make he setup because of windows and not detecting my graphic card but with older version of nvidia driver it was only saying its not able because of the os and here an image of the error
    Thom

• AnhEZ28
    @thom0523 can you show the device manager screenshot?
  • As your model is older, I advise you to try to obtain these drivers, with iobit's driverbooster program. It's not a program I like to use. But as your system is old, this program can be useful.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • thom0523

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @thom0523 can you show the device manager screenshot?
    @AnhEZ28 Here is an image of my device manager down below
    and an image of what happends when i tried the acer driver for nvedia

• AnhEZ28
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    That Nvidia card came out in 2011, several years after XP was gone, so Nvidia likely didn't produce XP drivers, especially XP 64bit which was kind of an odd duck.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • thom0523

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @AnhEZ28 Its saying that it is valid but not for this machine and just to tell you im on professional edition because it was the only one disposable online when i searched

p.s when i like that means that i read the message
  • I would download iobiti's driverbooster, so the program downloads the proper drivers.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • thom0523

Tinkerer

I would download iobiti's driverbooster, so the program downloads the proper drivers.

@egydiocoelho Well i tried but it did not detect it even if it's there that the problem
  • AnhEZ28
    @thom0523 I'm not sure if you see any yellow triangle in the display adapter but I don't really see the Nvidia GPU device in your screenshot of the device manager.
  • thom0523

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @thom0523 I'm not sure if you see any yellow triangle in the display adapter but I don't really see the Nvidia GPU device in your screenshot of the device manager.
    @AnhEZ28 Well that normal because it is there physically but not in the software
  • AnhEZ28
    edited April 2022
    @thom0523 so you don't see the GT510 in the display adapter, right?
  • OK! Go to device manager and then check the idhardware of all the devices that are having problems. Example:

Then copy and paste the idhardwares here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• thom0523

Tinkerer

edited April 2022
    OK! Go to device manager and then check the idhardware of all the devices that are having problems. Example:

Then copy and paste the idhardwares here!

@egydiocoelho well they are all at normal stats not one with a problem but like i said my gt 530 is not in the software but its there in the hardware

@AnhEZ28 Not its not in the display adapter section its no where to be seen thats werid

• Can you tell me the video card model?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AnhEZ28
    @thom0523 are you plugging the monitor into the GT530 port?