Acer 3 A315 - 34 - C7ch Quick Access will not download or run with Windows 11

Options
Roadmaster
Roadmaster Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2022 in Windows 11
Hi, it appears Quick Access will not download or run with Windows 11???
Able to download Acer Care Centre.
I have an Aspire 3 A315.
Any feedback appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are dozens of A315 models. Which do you have? For example, A315-21? A315-44? A315-57? In many cases, the ACER Win10 app will download and install just fine on Win11.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,952 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi, it appears Quick Access will not download or run with Windows 11???
    Able to download Acer Care Centre.
    I have an Aspire 3 A315.
    Any feedback appreciated.
    Any Aspire 3 A315 that is uopgradable to Win-11 or runs Win-11 has QA and  Acer Care Centre software, so download it from that link. As you can get "Quick Access" by typing into Win Search > Quick Access and it will give you the shortcut to click, its a very simple process. below is the caption of my Acxer QA in Win-11 as it works 100%.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    These versions work on windows 11:

Acer Care CenterAcerAcer Care Center4.00.3042 75.1 MB2022/01/10 download
    Predator Sense Acer Predator Sense 3.00.3184_20211229 269.6 MB 2022/02/23 download
    Quick AccessAcerQuick Access Application3.00.3038 28.9 MB2022/01/27 download

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Roadmaster
    Options
    Thanks for the comments.
    I have an Acer 3 A315 - 34 - C7ch NBK BLK
    I have downloaded the link from the last poster...thanks and on Win search have the application running.
    The only options in settings here are Bluelight shield and Power button options...the same as the example above. Caps lock????
    Sorry, very new at this. Think I bought  the wrong machine, I thought they all had a Caps light button.
    What is the Predator sense download do??    I'm not into gaming.

• JackE
    Options
    Hold on. Your laptop is an A315-34, not a gaming laptop like the predator series. PredatorSense is not included as an app for this laptop. The only apps that you should be concerned with a the Win10 QuickAccess and AcerCareCenter at this link. The Win10 QuickAccess app is most likely to have the CapsLock, NumLock etc tray icons that should also run fine under Win11.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are these icons not showing?

You have to change that key to 1: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\Quick Access

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Roadmaster
    Options
    Thanks again.....no I don't have that icon on the desktop.
    When I was installing this Quick Access, I did notice an icon flash up circled with a sign suggesting it would not load . It was a circle with a dash across it....sort of saying this is not going to load??? There was an icon behind this...probably the lock.
    When I started the machine this morning and went into the Quick Access for this file registry the same icon flashed up for a second. If I can restart and get it to happen again I will try and take a photo of it.
    I have gone into the registry....no idea how I got there but the OSD...whatever that is has the same settings and numbers as your photo. Do I have to do anything else??
    Thanks for your persistence.
  • Roadmaster
    Options
    Ok..that icon was telling me I have the touch pad locked.....duhhhh!!
    So back to square one...no lock icon.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    This quick access appear installed here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Roadmaster
    Options
    Think this what you mean
  • Roadmaster
    Options
    Then it opens like this
  • JackE
    edited March 2022
    Options
    You should not have to jump through these hoops to load AcerQuickAccess properly. Download and unzip the Win10 QuickAccess file again at this link

Then right click properties on the installation EXE file. Then click the compatibility tab on the box that pops up. Then run in EXE file in Win11's Win10 compatibility mode.

Then search Acer Quick Access in the Windows start menu. It should appear near the top of the menu. Click to open AcerQuickAccess and try to find options to show on screen CapsLock and other keylock functions in the feature gear icon.

Jack E/NJ

• Roadmaster
    Options
    Trying hard to get this right....
    The Windows 10 / 11 won't show on this file if I'm in the right place. I can't scroll down any further.

• JackE
    Options
    Mainly because it's already in Win10 mode which may or may not be compatible with Win11 yet. Try running and working thru the troubleshooter first. Follow instructions in troubleshooter as best you can.

Jack E/NJ

• Roadmaster
    Options
    Thanks for you help, it appears they haven’t updated this issue to Windows 11. The troubleshooter offered no solution. Guess I will wait til they get round to it. Never again Acer!,
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I just tested the W10 installer in W11 and it installed without any issue. The Quick Access Service is installed and I get the proper window when I run the app. What is the specific problem you are seeing when you install it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Roadmaster
    Options
    Thanks, I get the app as in the photo above but no cap lock icon.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Check in the Services app to see if the service is running. By default it doesn't run until you run the app...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Roadmaster
    Options
    Do you mean the Acer Care Centre?
  • JackE
    Options
    No, not the AcerCareCenter app. It's the AcerQuickAccess app that should have the option to enable the on screen capslock display. You must run the app to set it up to display what you want. Search for 'Acer Quick Access' in the hourglass search function on the left side of your taskbar. The Acer Quick Access app should appear near the top of the Windows start menu. Click on the app to open it and explore its options.

Jack E/NJ