Acer VG240Y S Monitor does not connect to MacBook Pro

Options
swagalan
swagalan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2022 in Monitors
Hello, I have been having this issue where when I try to use my Acer monitor with my macbook pro it does not connect. In System Preferences (under display settings) it detects the display, but when I turn on the monitor it says "No Signal". Additionally, it RARELY connects and when either the macbook falls asleep or I disconnect then reconnect the HDMI cord, it does not connect again.

I have tried:
 - Different HDMI cords
 - A different monitor (works with other monitors flawlessly)
 - Followed literally every guide that I could find to fix this issue

I previously used this monitor with a gaming PC that I built and had no issues when using the monitor for that computer. If you guys have any tips or suggestions please let me know because there really isn't anything else that I can do with this monitor.

Specs:
Monitor: Acer VG240Y S 144Hz
MacBook: MacBook Pro 2018 13 in display (MacOS Monterey 12.2.1)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,693 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>it detects the display, but when I turn on the monitor it says "No Signal".>>>

Interesting. Are you saying the MacBook detects the VG240Y even when it's turned off? That's a new one for me? From some of your other comments, I suspect the issue might partly be due to the power up sequence. Try this.

(1) Before either are turned on, the VG240Y and MacBook should connected with the cable.
    (2) Turn monitor on first.
    (3) Then turn on the MacBook

What happens?

Jack E/NJ

• adiillium
    adiillium Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hey @swagalan
    Did you find a solution to this ?
    Literally facing the same problem with my monitor, thought its the cable's problem too.