Acer Aspire Sw5-012 no bootable device found

Victorochell
Victorochell Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello, please I need help with my laptop. Tried booting it and it's saying "No Bootable Device found". Though as at when the problem started USB was plugged in. 

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    @Victorochell

Please remove the usb and start the computer.   It should work fine

If it is not working .. 

Unplug all the devices including the power cable.    Hold the power button for 1 min.    Connect all the cables and turn on the computer.    Tap f2 while turning on the computer.    

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Victorochell

Tinkerer

Thanks, I've tried this method and still saying "No Bootable Device". 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    The Switch SW5-012 models came with an embedded eMMC drive on the motherboard in several sizes. Do you know how big the drive is on yours? There is a chance the drive has failed, in which case it's likely best to just replace it. If the drive is good and the data is just corrupted then the fix will be to repair the data. Depending on how much user data there is on the drive, and how important that data is, it might be best to just reinstall rather than to try a recovery.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Victorochell

Tinkerer

Thank you for the help, it might be that the drive is corrupted because after trying several methods it no longer says "No Bootable Device", but "registry error" stop code, and it fails to boot from USB drive. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Victorochell,

​​​​ ​In the BIOS information page is the unit HDD is showing. ​
  • Victorochell

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @Victorochell,

​​​​ ​In the BIOS information page is the unit HDD is showing. ​
    Yes it's showing
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    We are going to want to boot it from a Windows install flash drive, then use the repair tools on it to take a look at the eMMC drive. Do you have access to an install drive or to another computer where you can create one?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Victorochell

Tinkerer

No I don't have access to another computer where I am, but I'll try to access one so I can try this method thanks