Swift 3 SF314-43-R2YY Does Not Go into Sleep Mode

Deku340
Deku340 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2022 in Windows 11
The power indicator remains on (blue) when I close my Swift 3 SF314-43-R2YY the lid to put the laptop to sleep. I have tried adjusting the settings in Power Options/ System Settings to no avail. I am shutting the laptop down by cntrl/alt/delete in the meantime. The laptop is less then 3 months old; any help is appreciated. Currently on Windows 11 but, was having the same issue with Windows 10. 

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• Athwart
    Athwart Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I have a different model (SF314-57) & Windows 10 however when I close the lid which puts it into sleep mode, the power indicator remains blue as it's initially on standby. Depending on your power scheme settings, after a period it will go into hibernation and the light will turn off.

In Windows 10, the Power Options allow you to define what the various power buttons do i.e. power & sleep buttons & closing the lid. You can select that you want it to hibernate or shut down when you close the lid rather than sleep. I expect that the same options are available in Windows 11.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited March 2022
    @Deku340
    Here were a few solutions that you can try to fix the “PC not going to sleep mode” issue on Windows 11.

>Lower the mouse sensitivity
    Due to a slight vibration on the mouse, your PC won’t sleep automatically. Open PC Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > Mouse > Mouse Pointer Settings and lower the mouse sensitivity.

>Enable sleep mode manually
    Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app, and navigate to System in the left panel followed by Power & battery from the right side. 
    Now scroll to the Screen and sleep section and set manually the time interval of inactivity after which you want your PC to enter sleep mode.

>Change when the computer sleeps
    Press the Windows + S key to open the Search bar, then type Choose a power plan and click on the most relevant result. Now click on Choose when the computer sleeps from the left panel. Lastly, choose when you want your computer to go into sleep mode then click Save.

>Turn off Screensaver mode
    Press the Windows + S key to open the Search bar, then type Turn screensaver on or off and click on the most relevant result. Now choose None under Screen saver, then click OK.

>Disable Hybrid Mode
    Open Windows Settings>System. Switch to the “Power and sleep” section. Tap on the “Additional Power settings” option placed on the top right corner. Hit on “Change Plan Settings”. Tap on “Change Advanced power settings”. In the advanced power options window that appears on the screen, tap on “Sleep” to view the expanded set of options. Select “Allow Hybrid sleep” and then turn it off. Now, scroll down in the same window to look for “Multimedia settings”. Tap on it. Set the “When sharing media” value as “Allow the computer to sleep” for both “On battery” and “Plugged in” instances. Once you’re done hit the OK and Apply button to save the recent changes.

>Disable Wake Timers
    Open Control Panel. Go to Hardware and Sound -> Power Options. Click Change plan settings next to the plan you’re using.
    Click Change advanced power settings. Expand Sleep -> Allow wake timers. Select Disable. Click OK.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

Click on the System tab. In the System section, scroll down to the Power tab. In the next window, click on the Screen and sleep option that appears. Customize the specific time the computer will be put to sleep.

https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-sleep-mode-not-working/#:~:text=Click on the System tab,will be put to sleep.
  • Deku340
    Deku340 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Athwart said:
    I have a different model (SF314-57) & Windows 10 however when I close the lid which puts it into sleep mode, the power indicator remains blue as it's initially on standby. Depending on your power scheme settings, after a period it will go into hibernation and the light will turn off.

In Windows 10, the Power Options allow you to define what the various power buttons do i.e. power & sleep buttons & closing the lid. You can select that you want it to hibernate or shut down when you close the lid rather than sleep. I expect that the same options are available in Windows 11.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I had setup everything correctly in the Power Options but, was still having the issue. I turned off Fast Start-up and adjusted the Link State Power Management options in Advanced Power Settings and it seemed to do the trick. I copied the link to the Youtube video that I followed below, in case anyone else might have this issue. I don't think my laptop has an amber indicator which indicates sleep mode. It is either powered on blue or off/sleep mode. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/YF6_o_qNGeg