Acer predator orion 3000 po3 620 cooler

Options
bepis74615
bepis74615 Member Posts: 3 New User
Is it possible to replace the stock cooler on that pc to something else? Also I heard that the backplate installed with the stock cooler is mounted permanently, is this true? Please help.

if you want pics or more info, here's my discord: BepisDealer#2418

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,970 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Is it possible to replace the stock cooler on that pc to something else? Also I heard that the backplate installed with the stock cooler is mounted permanently, is this true? Please help.

The best and the only one that fits into your spaces is the Noctura NH-U9S or the NH-U9S Chromax, black cooling system which are both the same and fits for your PO3-620, there are allot of posts on this on this forum so look them up, as there is a step by step and detailed guide too.  

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

bepis74615

Take out the current cooler with its puny fan. Clean the thermal paste that is left on the CPU. You don't need to take it out of its socket. When the CPU is clean, apply new thermal paste and you can start attaching your new cooler.

If you visit THIS Finnish tech site, you'll find a discussion about this tiny box. Don't mind the language, but look at the pictures as they pretty much explain the procedure.

As mentioned before few times on this forum, the original CPU bracket will take machine screws M3x12. By using them there's no need to remove the motherboard and swap that original bracket to the one that comes with Noctua (SecuFirm2).

I used those same 92mm fans for the intake and exhaust. The difference in noise was huge!

• messer89
    messer89 Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Jeyam said:

If you visit THIS Finnish tech site, you'll find a discussion about this tiny box. Don't mind the language, but look at the pictures as they pretty much explain the procedure.

@Jeyam I checked that site and some guy there uploaded pics of... making a GPU cooler (???)out of paper and glue hahaha or whatever is that  :D:D:D
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are a bunch of threads here about replacing the stock coolers on these with the Noctua coolers. They tend to help by about a 20 degree difference, so are well worth it if you are running the system hard enough to be seeing heat issues.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,970 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

The best and the only one that fits into your spaces is the Noctura NH-U9S or the NH-U9S Chromax, black cooling system which are both the same and fits for your PO3-620, there are allot of posts on this on this forum so look them up, as there is a step by step and detailed guide too.