EI342CKR Monitor Displaying "No Signal" On Port DP2

Options
davidk4
davidk4 Member Posts: 4 New User
I have 2 computers (1 Mac, 1 Dell Windows laptop) connected to 2 Acer EI342CKR monitors. The Mac is connected to DP1 on both monitors and the Dell to DP2 on both monitors. This configuration worked well for months. I use the under-monitor buttons to manually switch between DP inputs on the monitors. Recently the DP2 on my first monitor started displaying "No Signal" even when the cable is firmly connected in the monitor's DP2 and the Dell DP output.

I have tried swapping cables, swapping ports, swapping computers, but the DP2 connection keeps showing "No Signal".

I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @davidk4
    Some Dell laptops have an input select button you can press to switch between video inputs. Try Fn + F8 to switch to an external display.
    In Windows 10, go to Settings > System > Display, then select Detect under Multiple Displays. You'll then be able to switch between screens. Also, you can press the Windows logo key + P to bring up the display list. Try selecting different display options for other attached monitors.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• davidk4
    Options
    @Sharanji, thank you for the suggestions. That didn't do the trick, unfortunately.
  • davidk4
    Options
    As I said in my initial post, I have swapped computers and cables going to this monitor. It is definitely the DP2 port which is no longer working. Any suggestions for fixing, folks?
  • davidk4
    Options
    Leaving this update for anyone else looking for the solution to the same problem -- During an electrical inspection today, the electrician turned off the circuit that powers the room with my computers and monitors. Once I turned the circuit back on, the DP on my Acer monitor was working again. So it seems that cutting electricity to the monitor and then reconnecting performs a reset of sorts. Good luck!