Should I swap out my parts or send it back predator Orion 3000 P03-630

Options
GunplaBuild
GunplaBuild Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2022 in Predator Desktops
Hello everyone, this is my first post here so sorry if I am not exactly the best forum typer but I have been going back and forth and need some input. About a week ago I bought a new Acer predator Orion 3000 P03-630 off of Amazon.jp and figured it would be a great entry into desktop pcs as im a student and saved up a while to buy it. Right out of the box however I've been having issues. The first glaring issue is ethernet doesn't work, I've tried troubleshooting the ethernet system and deleting/redownloading the drivers and so far nothing has worked. It barely loads websites and sometimes not at all. It has worked once in 7 days and when I reset the computer to update it it stopped working again. Another issue I'm having is random stuttering. The screen will freeze and it will make a stuttering noise of whatever audio you're listening to then unfreeze and continue as normal. I have tried everything from checking cpu temps to reseating the ram but nothing has helped as it still freezes even at low temps. As a disclaimer I haven't tried deleting and redownloading video drivers  for this issue yet. Still out of the box it is a little disturbing. Lastly my front case fan has oil coming out of it, I haven't done anything crazy with the fan other than turning on the predator gaming mode as the cpu can get warm which the cpu cooler is another thing I might wind up replacing as it gets really warm. I really want to like this computer and I spent alot on it but these issues are making me question if I should swap out some parts or try to send it back for possibly a refund, I have been obsessing over this thing for days and its driving me up a wall trying to find fixes for a bunch of problems on a brand new prebuilt. Honestly I will take any and all input you can give me.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-11700F Processor
  • Memory: Up to 16GB, DDR4-3200MHz SDRAM
  • Storage: 512GB SSD
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
  • Input terminal: USB 3.2 (Type-A), USB 3.2 (Type-C), USB 2.0, HDMI, DisplayPort
  • Wireless LAN: IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax
  • Power Supply: 500 W 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• messer89
    messer89 Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If an oil is dripping from the fan you should send the PC to service under the terms of warranty I think.
    I had same problem with etheret, but it turned out my cable is faulty and just buying a new one fixed the problem.
    As for the freezes just turn off the PredatorSense app - it causes the freezing.
    Cpu temps are high cause the stock cooler is pretty inadequate for the CPU, if you wanna have bettervtemps buy a Noctua or sth else 92mm, for ex. I am using a Cooler Master H412R

Answers

• messer89
    messer89 Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If an oil is dripping from the fan you should send the PC to service under the terms of warranty I think.
    I had same problem with etheret, but it turned out my cable is faulty and just buying a new one fixed the problem.
    As for the freezes just turn off the PredatorSense app - it causes the freezing.
    Cpu temps are high cause the stock cooler is pretty inadequate for the CPU, if you wanna have bettervtemps buy a Noctua or sth else 92mm, for ex. I am using a Cooler Master H412R
  • GunplaBuild
    GunplaBuild Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    messer89 said:
    Awsome I will try all of the above. Thank you very much for your reply.