Predator Helios 500 PH517-52-78A9 Upgrade options

BXLightning
BXLightning Member Posts: 4 New User
I just ordered my Acer predator helios 500 PH517-52-78A9 with 1 TB storage and 16gb RAM. I want to know if the laptop is using both SO-DIMM slots or just one? And the same question for the storage PCIe slots?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @BXLightning it has 2 RAM slots and 1 more empty m.2 slot.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • BXLightning
    @AnhEZ28
    So are both slots taken by 8gb each RAM or is it just one that is 16gb?
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @BXLightning might be a single 16GB slot. Check in the Task manager, performance tab to be sure.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • meharg
    meharg Member Posts: 3 New User
    It could be a single 16GB slot. To be sure, check the Task Manager's performance tab.
  • BXLightning
    The task manager states that it is using 2 of 4 slot with 16gb RAM. I am confused I thought there were only 2 slots in total for RAM?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    The task manager states that it is using 2 of 4 slot with 16gb RAM. I am confused I thought there were only 2 slots in total for RAM?

BXLightning, the PH517-52-78A9 has the i7-11800H processor memory is up to 128GB of DDR4-3200 MT/s or the i9-11980HK up to 128GB of DDR4-3200 or DDR5 4800 MT/s, these are the max spec of these processors and these processors will not work with any higher memory capacity or specs. The best way to find out the highest capacity and compatible type of RAM for your laptop is to install and run the Crucial System Scanner as the results will tell you the max RAM and the appropriate memory and SSD’s that will work with your laptops 2x memory slots, also and if this scan tell you more RAM capacity, then Crucial will explain why Crucial Scan quotes a higher max capacity of RAM for your laptop, btw, I've used this same scan on many laptops that their OEM RAM capacity was one number and I used the higher Crucial Scan figure and it worked 100%. Good luck and hope this helps you out

• BXLightning

To upgrade the RAM does it have to be 1.2 volts? How do I find out the voltage of this model's motherboard?