My Acer Aspire 5 has problems charging

boterhammetjeslekker
boterhammetjeslekker Member Posts: 1 New User
Last week I noticed my Acer Aspire 5 was not charging whilst being plugged in all night. When I opened it, it was still stuck at the same percentage as before. I tried again when I left the laptop open and then suddenly it was charging again, which I found strange. I also noticed it's charging much slower than before.

I figured it was a problem with the laptop charger, so I ordered a new one and yes, the problem seemed to be solved for one charging cycle. Afterwards the same problem started to occur again. At times the laptop said it was charging, but didn't charge. It kept being stuck at the percentage it was on, until I unplugged and plugged it again.

I decided to check the battery health and got these stats:
BATTERY 1
NAMEAP18C8K
MANUFACTURERLGC
SERIAL NUMBER1271
CHEMISTRYLi-I
DESIGN CAPACITY48.004 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY45.956 mWh
CYCLE COUNT40

It looks like my battery is still in perfect condition so I'm unaware of what the problem should be. I've only had this laptop for a year and have always been carefully using it.
The lights on the side also indicate that it's charging so I have no clue what's going on. I did find that it charges better when turned on, which is strange to say the least.
All drivers seemed to be updated so I don't know what's left for me to do.

Right now it's been plugged in for an hour, being stuck at 21%. I unplugged and plugged again and now it's slowly charging again.

I hope the problem can be resolved at home, since I need the laptop for my school work and class.

Hope anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer
    Look inside the charger jack to make sure the center pin is straight and the slider contacts on the siide are visible.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @boterhammetjeslekker,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​