Downgrade to Windows ten help Nitro 5 AN515-57

DabbyMcDabbyFace
DabbyMcDabbyFace Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hello I just recently got the Acer Nitro 5 model Nitro AN515-57 and it has windows 11 on it and I am 200% NOT McLuving it and wanted to go back to windows 10. however, after I got the iso from MS and rufused it to my flash drive and booted to the windows install. for some odd reason the windows install does not see I have a hdd connected at all. can someone help please?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @DabbyMcDabbyFace

Copy the content of the Intel IO Driver to your flash drive (must be a folder, not a Zip one). 

Once the Windows install screen is shown, use browse for Driver and direct it to the Intel IO Driver that you have copy earlier...that driver will now install for you to see all the hdd, ssd present in your machine.

Update me in your progress. 

Answers

• Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @DabbyMcDabbyFace

Copy the content of the Intel IO Driver to your flash drive (must be a folder, not a Zip one). 

Once the Windows install screen is shown, use browse for Driver and direct it to the Intel IO Driver that you have copy earlier...that driver will now install for you to see all the hdd, ssd present in your machine.

Update me in your progress. 
  • DabbyMcDabbyFace
    DabbyMcDabbyFace Member Posts: 2 New User
    worked perfectly! woho
  • Taloon85
    Taloon85 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I have the same problem, like OP.

Where exactly can i find this Intel IO Driver?

• Mr_Al123
    Mr_Al123 Member Posts: 2 New User

Won't you have issues with drivers when you downgrade to Windows 10? The ACER website only lets you download Windows 11 drivers.