how to adjust any timing,clock speeds, fan configurations on Acer Predator Orion 7000

Options
coldy77
coldy77 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Desktops
Hi,

I just have a bunch of issues with my brand new PO 7000 (3080 Edition). Just want to know your experience and if I just got a "monday-device".

Is there any hint to unlock full BIOS potential? I did not find anything to adjust any timings, clock speeds, fan configuration. I am just disappointed to have such a powerful CPU 12900!K! and can not utilize all its capabilites.

Even in idle, the fans are quite noticable. It gets even worse on slight load. And its not just a wind sound, it is some kind of vibration noise. On heavy load, or If I enable 1 of the 2 OC Settings, it sounds like an airplane starting next to my seat. Manual Fan Setting starts at 60% rpms - which is also unbearable loud. Whats the sense behind this? Also the Fans change constantly there speed resulting in an annoying hectic volume change.

The AiO Watercooling water pump produces a humming noise vibration hearable in the whole house - is this normal?

Any Benchmark result is not even close to an expected result for the same spec (12900K, 3800 RTS).

So I already sent it back - so disappointing and not usable due to noise levels and all the mentioned points.

Did anyone had good experience with this package?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    First try pressing Ctrl+S in each of the BIOS menu tabs to reveal any hidden options.

Jack E/NJ

• mSopa
    mSopa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I just received mine, I can confirm. I'm having the same issue. Even when i'm not doing anything, I hear an acceleration like it want to load something. Any clue why ? I don't want to go through the process of sending it back. 

thx
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    coldy77 said:
    Hi,

I just have a bunch of issues with my brand new PO 7000 (3080 Edition). Just want to know your experience and if I just got a "monday-device".

Is there any hint to unlock full BIOS potential? I did not find anything to adjust any timings, clock speeds, fan configuration. I am just disappointed to have such a powerful CPU 12900!K! and can not utilize all its capabilites.

Even in idle, the fans are quite noticable. It gets even worse on slight load. And its not just a wind sound, it is some kind of vibration noise. On heavy load, or If I enable 1 of the 2 OC Settings, it sounds like an airplane starting next to my seat. Manual Fan Setting starts at 60% rpms - which is also unbearable loud. Whats the sense behind this? Also the Fans change constantly there speed resulting in an annoying hectic volume change.

The AiO Watercooling water pump produces a humming noise vibration hearable in the whole house - is this normal?

Any Benchmark result is not even close to an expected result for the same spec (12900K, 3800 RTS).

So I already sent it back - so disappointing and not usable due to noise levels and all the mentioned points.

Did anyone had good experience with this package?

Just a word of advice as I've got allot of experience in building/setting up these high end systems over many years of PC building and you need to set them up properly as its not just PnP. With overclocking of cpu/ram  Acer does not want consumers to tweak the bios as allot of damage can be caused with inexperienced overclocking and tweaking of these settings, this is especially when Acer wants a reliable and durable high end PC that they have setup OEM and works, so what you bought is what you get “don’t try and get blood out of a stone” as it won’t happen.

With the fans, Acer has the Predator Sense to adjust fans speeds and also an option at Custom settings so that you can adjust fans to your liking but not necessarily for noise levels, as that is governed by fan quality db levels (best and quietest fans are the Noctura fans) also and with the noises of the pump of the AIO cooling, its because the pump is either faulty or inferior and why that noise is happening. Performance of this desktop is not only governed by its specs but its governed by how cool this desktop can dissipate heat of its cpu/gpu generates inside its enclosure and for it to dissipate this heat. In saying all this and what is happening to your desktop is that the AIO water cooling must be either faulty or inferior and needs another and more effective AIO water cooler and for you to run the max 4x 16GB total 64GB RAM with heat sinks and a GPU AIO water cooling to operate cooler and at max performance, Yes I know that this is ridiculous, that a consumer has to add these essential components for this high end very expensive desktop to perform to its max specs. Plus, all drivers and software have to be up to date and the PO7-640 last bios version R01-A2 “Enhance system performance” has to be updated as this bios relates to performance improvement issues.

Btw, I’ve just built a few months ago a top end AMD desktop high end gaming PC with an ASUS ROG mobo that has all the cpu/ram overclocking that you will ever want and I don’t use and left everything at default and with the superior RTX-3090 and the Ryzen 9 5950X and 64GB DDR4-3600 CL18 ram with AIO water cooling on both cpu and gpu and also an efficient case like the open ANTEC Torque and all this operates with the Win-11 OS and this system performs faultlessly and its very quiet at idle but when playing hard core games and especially for long periods of time this thing also get up there with db noise but, this PC setup is a hypersonic rocket, so the specs of your Predator Orion 7000 PO7-640 has similar top end specs but needs the appropriate cooling and setting up for it to perform at its maximum performance so that is what you have to do as these systems are for enthusiast that need setting up. Good luck with your next PC as and in my opinion if you are a hard core gamer then you should build your own. 

• NJey90
    NJey90 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Could you tell wich AIO system i could use for a change?

I have the same issues (same PC) the AIO making strange noise.