Can Acer Swift 3 SF314-511 charge safely via USB-C port

Options
AceOfSpades2334
AceOfSpades2334 Member Posts: 4 New User
I have a new Acer Swift 3 SF314-511 and have found my google pixel charger can charge the battery through the USB-C port. I can find any documentation online of the laptop being able to do this so is it safe to continue? The charger is PD2.0 18w. I have also tried a similar spec power bank which works.

Answers

• AceOfSpades2334
    Options
    *I can't find any documentation online of the laptop being able to do this so is it safe to continue?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I found this information:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AceOfSpades2334
    Options
    Thank you! I did look up the manual for this model but must have missed that.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    you are welcome my friend.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SuperFastLappy
    SuperFastLappy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I'm glad I found this post.  I looked in the manual for my own Swift 3 SF314-42 and learned that it can in fact be supplied through the USB C port - it will accept up to 65 W, given the proper USB C PD charger.

That's really neat, and I had no idea this was the case when I was buying the laptop.  I assumed the USB C port was only for charging smaller devices using the laptop's battery (a phone etc.).