My Acer spin sp513-54n touchpad not working with windows 11

Options
mothernature61
mothernature61 Member Posts: 1 New User
After installing Windows 11 on my Acer Spin SP513-54N, the touchpad quit working. First the cursor disappeared then the entire touchpad quit working.  My laptop shows up on Acer's list of products that Windows 11 should work on, but I cannot update the touchpad driver.
Is there a plan in the works to update the touchpad driver so I can go back to my touchpad?

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited March 2022
    Options
    What does Device Manager say about "Mice and other pointing devices". Can also set the cursor (Settings > Text cursor). Does an external mouse work?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    And of course verify it hasn't just been toggled with the Fn-F7 key combo (or just F7 is you have media keys off in the BIOS)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wellesley
    wellesley Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    And of course verify it hasn't just been toggled with the Fn-F7 key combo (or just F7 is you have media keys off in the BIOS)
    @billsey WOW i have just been living without a trackpad for weeks. Searched high and low and never before found a mention of a physical key that would override the OS options. THANK YOU so much
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Heheh, it's right there in the User Manual that almost no one ever downloads and reads. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wellesley
    wellesley Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Heheh, it's right there in the User Manual that almost no one ever downloads and reads. :)

I read it! I definitely did not...internalize it, haha
  • sarana1
    sarana1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi, mothernature61. I just got this model. Did you get your update to Windows 11 through the system update or did you install it on your own? Thanks.