How much storage can I add and is the ram upgradable? - Aspire 5 A515-46-R3UB

mikef1234
mikef1234 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2022 in Aspire Laptops
I recently purchased the Aspire 5 A515-46-R3UB and the bay for add on storage came with it. I was wondering how much I could add and if and if one drive is better than another? Also is the ram upgradable? I have 4 GB ddr 4 currently.

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @mikef1234 your laptop has an M.2 128GB SSD installed and has an empty RAM slot with a 2.5-inch drive.
    For the RAM upgrade, the maximum is up to 20GB, or install a 16GB RAM stick.
    For storage, the maximum HDD capacity is 2TB. Cannot go higher because of the height limit. With 2.5-inch SSD, there is no limit.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @mikef1234 your laptop has an M.2 128GB SSD installed and has an empty RAM slot with a 2.5-inch drive.
    For the RAM upgrade, the maximum is up to 20GB, or install a 16GB RAM stick.
    For storage, the maximum HDD capacity is 2TB. Cannot go higher because of the height limit. With 2.5-inch SSD, there is no limit.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • mikef1234
    mikef1234 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thank you so much that answers my question!
  • danielcarlock
    danielcarlock Member Posts: 3 New User
    recently i buy a aspire a515-46-r3ub on amazon with 20gb RAM, but only 3.44GB usable. I think its because shared with video-ram but in BIOS cannot change the amount of shared memory. what can i do to use whole memory? Images attached