XB271HU won't display over 24hz

Options
Breene
Breene Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a strange issue.  I moved my computer to a different room and this problem appeared.  Was working fine minutes before disconnecting.

My XB271HU will only display an image using display port at 24hz.  If I raise it to 60 the image flickers a few times and goes blank "No Signal". If I go to 144hz it goes directly blank "No Signal"

GTX 1080 with updated driver (monitor issue before and after updating driver)
I replaced the display port cable already with a new one thinking that was the problem
I have tried other ports on the graphics card
nvidia control panel and windows both see the monitor, gsync enabled, even when the panel is showing No Signal
Acer support didn't have any ideas besides resetting defaults etc and offering me to ***** it to them under warranty. really trying to avoid that
testing HDMI with an old (I guess not HDMI 2 cable) gave me 60hz max. 

Any ideas out there? :(
Thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,731 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I moved my computer to a different room and this problem appeared. >>>

It might help if you revealed your computer brand and model number.

Jack E/NJ

• Breene
    Breene Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I moved my computer to a different room and this problem appeared. >>>

It might help if you revealed your computer brand and model number.
    Don't think that will help, it's a custom build. I think only relevant part would be the gfx card as mentioned gtx 1080 but two other (different model) monitors are fine and testing different display ports on the graphics card yield the same results.  

Thanks for replying though. think I've narrowed out the PC as the problem , beyond a nvidia control panel trick
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,731 Trailblazer
    Options
    Was power off to all devices when you pulled the plugs? Are the AC main receptacles grounded in the other room? Have you tried booting the monitor first then the PC?

Jack E/NJ