PO3-630 is there a reason why the prebuilt pc i bought doesn’t support xmp profiles in bios ?

Options
trisss
trisss Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2022 in Predator Desktops
for context all i replaced out of it was the nvme ssd from the one it came with to one’s i bought, specifically a samsung 980 1tb & a extra 500gb ssd because it had my games on it and i thought i would be able to download predator sense & acer care center but i was only able to get acer care center. predator sense doesn’t download also i bought 32gb 3600mhz ram a week ago and had to return it because it was running at 2400mhz instead of 3600 which would be enabled in bios but when i go into the bios there is no such option at all. need some
pointers to see why i can’t use xmp profiles/ download predator sense on the pc would love to have faster ram running. i have the predator PO3-630 btw & most recent version of the bios already/ windows up to date everything.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @trisss you can download predator sense from PO3-620: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8430?b=1
    the reason is that Predator Orion 3000 is the cheapest series so it doesn't have XMP.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @triss Predator Orion higher-end Series has 5000 or 7000, 9000 and any of those models should support XMP. For the RAM, you can get the non-XMP RAM instead.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.

Answers

• trisss

Tinkerer

Options
    should i have kept the original ssd ? honestly didn’t think i needed it.
  • AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @trisss you can download predator sense from PO3-620: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8430?b=1
    the reason is that Predator Orion 3000 is the cheapest series so it doesn't have XMP.
  • trisss

Tinkerer

Options
    fr ? paid 1905 for it, that’s crazy. so what do i do about the ram situation ?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options
    trisss said:
    fr ? paid 1905 for it, that’s crazy. so what do i do about the ram situation ?
    The PO3-630 does not handle overclocked RAM and DDR4-3600mhz RAM especially, put the old RAM in and get CPUz software to see the OEM RAM spec and upgrade to that spec only as XMP does not work as there are no overclocking settings in the bios. PS should install on your OS but make sure that the old PS is completely uninstalled and then try to install it again. 
  • AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @triss Predator Orion higher-end Series has 5000 or 7000, 9000 and any of those models should support XMP. For the RAM, you can get the non-XMP RAM instead.
  • trisss

Tinkerer

Options
    @AnhEZ28 & @StevenGen can you guys recommend me any compatible 32gb kits that run the 3200mhz like the ram that came with the pc does ? 
  • AnhEZ28
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @trisss get a RAM kit that doesn't have a heatsink on the RAM. Those with heatsinks are usually the XMP ones.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    DDR4-3200 (PC4-25600) should provide the correct speed in a non-XMP package.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options
    trisss said:
    @AnhEZ28 & @StevenGen can you guys recommend me any compatible 32gb kits that run the 3200mhz like the ram that came with the pc does ? 
    Do a Crucial system scan as that will tell you, its the simplest way.
  • trisss

Tinkerer

Options
    @StevenGen just tried the scan, it is not working for me
  • messer89
    messer89 Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2022
    Options
    trisss said:
    @StevenGen just tried the scan, it is not working for me
    well if you can't find a JEDEC ram you can always buy a high speed XMP ram like 4000Mhz or better, it's lowest base speed will be probably at least 3000Mhz. 
    I have 3600 XMP ram in my PO3 and it runs on 2700 what is acceptable speed as for me.
    Ofc it costs more but investing in a good pc nowadays really pays off I believe.
  • Choas
    Choas Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I bought Lexar Hades 32GB Kit (16GBx2) RGB LED Lightning, DDR4 3200 MHz DRAM Desktop Memory for Gaming (LD4BU016G-R3200UDLH)and it ran 3200 MHz right away