XMP Profile on Predator PO5-625S

Options
nullwinkle
nullwinkle Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello, is there any chance you guys could make a custom BIOS for this model with XMP activated?? I recently changed the Ram, but cant use its XMP profile. I guess this mainboard would very well be capable of handling better Ram speeds (z590 chipset and K CPU) Please guys, this would be really awesome and if its possible also add some ram timing options and maybe everything you could throw in regarding OC :D

Kind regards

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,973 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello, is there any chance you guys could make a custom BIOS for this model with XMP activated?? I recently changed the Ram, but cant use its XMP profile. I guess this mainboard would very well be capable of handling better Ram speeds (z590 chipset and K CPU) Please guys, this would be really awesome and if its possible also add some ram timing options and maybe everything you could throw in regarding OC :D

Kind regards
    The PO5-625S mobo is only equipped for standard RAM DDR4-3200MHz and these K CPU's have an Intel max RAM capacity of 128GB total, those are the Intel specs for these socket LGA1200 K CPU's but, Acer does not include XMP options for a good reason, best is to do a Crucial System Scan and get all the speed RAM and max capacities for your OEM PO5-625S mobo as it works.

Otherwise and if you want XMP ram timing options and CPU overclocking? Then you will have to change the mobo that has all these options like and for example the  TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS WIFI with the Intel® Z590 Chipset that has a ATX Form Factor size 12" x 9.6" (30.5 cm x 24.4 cm) which is a great gaming mobo and has all the overclocking that you will ever need or want for the 11th Gen Intel K CPU's but you will need. 
  • nullwinkle

Tinkerer

Options
    Disappointing TBH I know this motherboard would very well be capable of doing these things. All there need to be done is change the BIOS.... I am not willing to spend more for another mobo after I already paid a huge amount for the prebuilt. That you stay inside specs for safety is understandable as well, but you could provide these ROMS with own risk... BIG MEH
  • messer89
    messer89 Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Disappointing TBH I know this motherboard would very well be capable of doing these things. All there need to be done is change the BIOS.... I am not willing to spend more for another mobo after I already paid a huge amount for the prebuilt. That you stay inside specs for safety is understandable as well, but you could provide these ROMS with own risk... BIG MEH
    It's not that easy to create a new BIOS. 
    First off it requires money for programmers, testers, managers etc.
    These PC's wouldn't be that cheap if the costs weren't been cut on every stage of production.
  • nullwinkle

Tinkerer

Options
    TBH, I dont know about BIOS modding or the ease about creating one. But I looked around in win-raid forums and it doesnt seem to be so uncommon, and if Acer would have somebody managing this, it surely would be easy to do for him. And "cheap" is a vague definition... If it were times with normal GPU prices, this PC wouldnt be cheap at all, and more expensive than a DIY by a lot. So for this price upgrade you basically get nothing more, which is compatible with nothing. This is cutting on every stage of the production with maximizing profits in every stage of the sales chain.... :D:D:D