ph315-54 Acer Predator Slow boot from shutdown when 2 M2s installed

Options
2»

Answers

• Xyver
    Xyver Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
    Options
    billsey said:
    The yellow highlights show attempts to load files that don't exist. Uncheck each yellow, the reboot using those parameters as the test.
    Did that nothing change. Do you think many any updates might cause this..
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What are the sata mode settings that appear in the bios? AHCI, RST WITH OPTANE and RST WITH OPTANE WITH RAID? Can you send a picture of these settings?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Xyver
    Options
    i cant see that option heres what bios only show me

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does any option appear, when you press ctrl+s in the main bios tab?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Xyver
    Options
    no just another option for touchpad or something irrelevant.. nothing else shows up.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does an option called VMD CONTROLLER appear when pressing CTRL+S?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Xyver
    Options
    yes and touchpad

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! In that case, backup your files just in case, as I'm not sure that disabling the vmd controller will break the raid or not! Then enable safe boot from here and restart windows:
    Problema na inicializao do Windows 10 - Microsoft Community
    Then go to the bios and disable the vmd controller! Check if the problem persists.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Xyver
    Options
    1. i already figure out how do delete raid (just need an extra m2 since i used a windows boot drive m2 as raid.

2. The oem m2 is on the second slot. (its just installed but havent used it yet) i knew thats not the problem as i tried it with just 1 and 2 m2s.

3. im been using windows 11 since i first got these laptop. 

4. I only notice this long boottime after a succesfull windows 11 reinstallation (i need that to break the raid0) after a day or 2 of windows upgrades thats where this issue start.

Hopefully i didnt confuse you and we dont have to go back from the start.

Ive been searching this community so i knew im not the only one who experience this.

I was gonna try to do another fresh install of windows in the next few days to try to find out if it really come from windows upgrades.

Kinda my last resort as doing backups and reinstallation is a annoying process to do and hopefully theres a better way why this occur.

thx for keeping in touch and hopefully it get resolve soon.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! So raid 0 or 1 is not mounting? Just the vmd controller that is enabled, but no raid?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Xyver
    Options
    I already remove before the raid 0 using intel optane storage management app which i also accidentally used to raid 0 the c: boot drive and the extra m2.

Not sure about how VMD controller on and off works and do about the issue but yes i don't currently have any raid on my drives right now.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So there shouldn't be any problems. Enable safe boot and then disable the vmd controller, to check if the boot is still slow.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Xyver
    Options
    i disabled the vmd controller and it just went to error booting... try repair and didnt work.... have to put the vmd controller back on to went back to normal?

Whats going on now?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Activate the vmd controller again. Now enable safe boot via msconfig:
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  Tutorials
    Then disable the vmd controller again!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Xyver
    Options
    why do we have to disable vmd controller?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Some models of ssds are incompatible with vmd controller. It is for this reason that I advise disabling the vmd controller.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Silentsword
    Silentsword Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 10
    Options

I followed the step to turn on safe boot and turn off VMD controller, and the windows can boots normally. However, my SSD (which is the second one, and not contain system file) keeps disappear if I try to interact with the disk like open folder or files in the disk. Do you guys have any suggestion for my case?

This is the details of my issue. The disk worked for a few days since installed to my laptop Acer Predator Helios 16 Gaming Laptop | 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700HX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 | 16" 2560 x 1600 240Hz G-SYNC Display | 16GB DDR5 | 1TB Gen 4 SSD (more details here, https://www.amazon.com/Predator-i7-13700HX-GeForce-Display-PH16-71-74UU/dp/B0BVN3X6Q6/ref=sr_1_3_mod_primary_new?crid=3KYLQREJGFTDW&keywords=acer%2Bpredator&qid=1698848019&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=acerpredator%2B%2Caps%2C500&sr=8-3&th=1). After that, Windows 11 started lagging, and freezed when using applications stored in the disk. I had to shut down using power button on the laptop, but then the Windows no longer booted up. It showed black screen for the first take few minutes, and then showed branch logo with loading icon, and remained like that. If I disabled the SSD via BIOS, the windows work fine. If I disable VMD controller in BIOS and run in safe boot, the windows booted up fine, but the disk disappeared in device manager and the official windows disk partition tool after refresh, and content in the disk cannot be access. Windows showed a message like "disk does not exist".

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

@Silentsword do you also have exactly the same model computer as this thread is for (PH315-54-xxxx)? I think the PH315-54 models are all 11th gen, not 13th. Rather than camping out on a thread that's a couple of years old and for a different model, please open a new thread for your questions. Include the full model number. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like PH16-71-74UU based on your link. Include which SSDs you have installed. You shouldn't have to disable the VMD controller and if the drive is being as flaky as you describe it sounds like it's either a bad drive or a bad drive design.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.