ph315-54 Acer Predator Slow boot from shutdown when 2 M2s installed

Options
Xyver
Xyver Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
edited February 10 in Predator Desktops
i noticed that when i have a 2nd m2 on the 2nd slot.

booting time take more the 2mins to show post or logo

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    If you haven't tried, go to Power Options and disable Fast startup, it should be where I have marked with red circle in your system.

• Xyver
    Options
    i dont have the option in my power settings i use Windows 11

restart is fast and normal

from shutdown its 2 mins or longer

• Xyver
    Options
    forget what i said on top i should go to control panel..
  • Xyver
    Options
    anyway. i cant disable fast startup (greyed out)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    You need to click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable to try that change:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Xyver
    Options
    i did that already.. nothing change same long boot time like 2+ mins
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, so we are going to need to try and see what's actually causing the delay. In msconfig, enable the option Boot log under the Boot options group. Once that is done shut down, wait a minute or so then start back up. It should create the logfile as C:\Windows\ntbtlog.txt. Copy that to a different location and reboot into safe mode. Compare the two logs. If the boot is fast in safe mode than one of the missing drivers listed in one but not the other will be the problem. If the boot is as slow in safe mode as a normal boot then the problem will be in one that's included in both logs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Xyver
    Options
    im not sure if i follow you correctly but heres the log

left is the first boot log, second is safe mode

• Xyver
    Options
    i did it on the restart which seems doesn't affect the boot time as of it will come from shutdown.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try disabling fastboot:
    Is the bios version still 1.02? This version is very old. If the problem persists, report it here!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Xyver
    Options
    1.02  i disabled the fast boot.. nothing seems change.

I notice it when after installing a fresh windows 11 and doing all the updates. it happen after (initially i thought it just the 2 m2's installed)
  • Xyver
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Heres the screenshot of my bios ver.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]
  • Xyver
    Options
    let me update that heres the current bios. That last post is from march 6. 

This is today
  • Xyver
    Options
    and the boot time before POST LOGO 
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, you have a couple of items showing in that boot log that aren't starting. There's a timeout for each one and for instance NDProxy.sys tried and fails several times. Go to Microsoft's SysInternals Suite site and download the suite, then use AutoRuns.EXE with elevated privileges to verify ALL the items that exist during boot. You can untick and tick checkboxes to debug what the problem is. We can potentially then try to get them working after we are sure we know which are causing the hangs.
  • Xyver
    Options
    how do i know which one should i check and uncheck? 

is it safe to uncheck items im not sure what it is
  • Xyver
    Options
    whats the yellow highlight means? some of them i cant uncheck.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think it would be interesting to first try to disable these services, hiding microsoft services:

Then restart windows and check if the problem persists.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Xyver
    Options
    I think it would be interesting to first try to disable these services, hiding microsoft services:

Then restart windows and check if the problem persists.

nothing change, still 4+ mins of boot time (from shutdown)

Restart is working normal.
  • billsey
    Options
    The yellow highlights show attempts to load files that don't exist. Uncheck each yellow, the reboot using those parameters as the test.