Black screen, no power after wrong bios in acer 5749

jasamnaeem
jasamnaeem Member Posts: 3 New User
I have acer aspire 5749z. I accidentally flashed bios of acer 5750. I didn't know it won't work....it was installing and suddenly pink led appears on battery led. now device is not turning on at any cost.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,940 Trailblazer
    I have acer aspire 5749z. I accidentally flashed bios of acer 5750. I didn't know it won't work....it was installing and suddenly pink led appears on battery led. now device is not turning on at any cost.
    There are allot of community posts on this bios repair for your laptop, this laptop is an old Aspire and you can also download its SG readily on the web "Aspire 5349, 5749 & 5749Z" and then look up "Crisis Disk Recovery" page 2-28. Also, I don't take any responsibility for what you do wrong as this needs to be done by an experienced tech or someone that has experience so be careful! If you can't recover the BIOS and your bios chip is damaged then you will have to get a tech that has all the tools to replace the bios chip. 
  • jasamnaeem
    jasamnaeem Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank you. I have changed the bios chip but there's no signs of power. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Have you checked to make sure the button is doing what it should? You should no connection until the button is pressed and the button should lose connection as soon as it's released.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.