Gateway Laptop, Model: GWTN156-1 Won't Turn On, No Lights, Fans, or Sound

Options
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I keep getting sent here by links when trying to find support for my Gateway laptop (apparently Acer & Gateway are owned by the same company). 

I have a Gateway Laptop Model: GWTN156-1 that I got in February 2021. Aside from poor battery life and being slow, its been a decent enough laptop. Until yesterday that is. Yesterday when I went to wake up the laptop to continue a project (it has been left on sleep instead of turned off) it wouldn't wake up or turn on. The screen stayed black, there were no lights indicating that it was sleeping or in power save mode, there was no sound of the fan running, nothing. I tried holding down the power button, seeing if I could force it to turn on/off. Nothing. I plugged it in and tried again. Still nothing. I tried leaving it plugged in long enough to charge, and it still is not powering on or showing any signs of life. I was going to try removing the battery and then putting it back in, but its an internal battery so I can't even do that. I am at a complete loss. Does anyone know of a possible solution that isn't going to cost me lots of money to get it looked at? Or has anyone had similar issues with this laptop? If so, did you get them solved/did it happen again? 

Thanks.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The GWTN156-1 model is one of the Walmart specific designs, and all support goes through them. What happen when you connect the charger? It sounds almost as if the battery has gotten too low to run things.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gws68
    gws68 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My daughter-in-law has a Gateway GWTN156-7BL that is doing the same thing.

Took laptop apart and disconnected battery then held power on button for 60 seconds per another site. No change!

Reseated SSD per same site. No change.

Allowed to boot then pressed F1 - again no change.

Lights indicate power on and hard drive activity, but I cannot hear fans or anything running. Not sure that I should hear anything on this laptop!

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

As stated above, those models are supported exclusively through Walmart... Contact them and they should be able to help you out.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.