monitor support- No Signal NITRO 5 - AN515 52

Options
Zombienekers
Zombienekers Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hi,

I have a problem with my monitor. It's displaying "no signal", even when my laptop is on. I've been having this issue intermittently for the past 6 months now- and yes you heard me,- intermittently. My monitor usually just works fine. It is only when I leave my system running for more than like three hours that it starts displaying the "no signal", and it always happens when I'm afk. It doesn't fix when I restart my pc, it seems as if my pc just doesn't recognize what's in the HDMI port anymore.

The laptop I'm using is an ACER NITRO 5 - AN515 52

Specs:

GTX 1050

16gb SODIMM 2400mhz

1tb HDD(D:) ^(apps and games) , 128gb SSD(C:) ^(system)

Intel i5 8300H

Each time when something works, I've written it down for the next time it happens. But when I try the thing that worked last time, it doesn't. Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling windows

• Unplugging/plugging cables

• Connected monitor with other HDMI ports on a different computer (works, so the problem is almost certainly with my laptop's hard/soft ware)

• Reinstalling drivers

• Changing power settings, intentionally reactivating low power mode

• Boot from USB, installing ubuntu (nothing)

• Boot from USB, installing windows (still nothing)

• Changing display resolution

• + About every solution you can find by typing the terms "no signal monitor fix" into the google search box

I could go on, but the point is I'm at a wit's end. I am seriously considering selling my laptop on and buying a new one. Please, if you know anything that might work, share.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    What happens when you HDMI out to a TV set?

Jack E/NJ

• Zombienekers
    Zombienekers Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Alright, so I fixed it, somehow. I was trying out random things when I stumbled on this. try this out if you're absolutely sure the problem lies in your computer, not your monitor/cable: 

So, first thing I did was boot msconfig from WinR. from there I went to general, then selected diagnostic startup. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SET UP AND SAVED A SYS RESTORE POINT AT THIS TIME; THIS SETTING DISABLES REQUIRED SERVICES FOR LOGGING IN WITH YOUR PIN, AND YOU THUS WON'T BE ABLE TO GET PAST THE LOCK SCREEN. 
    click apply and reboot. let it launch once to the lock screen, then reboot and open up the windows boot manager (for me it's alt+f10 [acer], might be different on other computers). click on the troubleshooting tab and select "Change UEFI Firmware Settings".
    reboot, then load into the system restore point you made at the beginning of the process.

again, this might not work for you. it did for me. 

• WillianD
    WillianD Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 28
    Options

[MY SOLUTION!] [Model an515-52]
    HI! First of all im spanish and my english is very bad so.. dont judge me too hard.

This morning i was working with my laptop, and i get the same problem, i plug all and my second monitor was plugged with hdmi, and it shows not signal. BUT I FIXED (I DONT KNOW IF THIS CAN WORK FOR U BUT.. TRY) Maybe u change your laptop or maybe not, but i going to tell it just if this help other people..

I went to here i think in english is "Device Adminitrator",

go down to Monitors click on it and go up and click on Search Changes

That's all, i hope this can help someone in the future.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Options

No Signal error appearing on your computer's monitor, usually means that the CPU did not initialize the video card (that drives the monitor screen) when the CPU was turned On. Or, it can mean, that the monitor's signal cable has become detached from the port on the CPU that it is usually connected to.

• Inspect the cable connecting the monitor to the computer for damage or bends. * Ensure the cable is securely plugged into both the monitor and computer. * Try a different video cable (e.g., HDMI, DisplayPort). * Connect the monitor to a different computer (if possible).