Anyone having power OFF issues with the Nitro 5 AN515-56) running Win-11

Options
StevenGen
StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
edited March 2022 in Windows 11

Anyone having power OFF issues with the Nitro 5 running Win-11 (mine is a brand new AN515-56) where the laptop powers OFF prematurely every 5 minutes then I did a "Complete Reset" twice and after the 2nd time it worked good for about 5 hours and in the morning when I rebooted the laptop powered off twice and then I restarted it and its ok now? I know that it could be a hardware or a Win-11 setting power thing (which I’ve done) but all I want to know is if other users have had this same problem also? Please let me know as i want to narrow it down to a hardware or an inherit Win-11 problem? 

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi @StevenGen,
    Have you checked the temperatures? Also try switching the Power plans to different plans and see whether there's a change in behaviour.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    It is unlikely to be a Windows 11 problem. It's going to either be hardware (most likely with a new unit like that) or a corrupt Windows load, and the reset should have fixed that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi @StevenGen,
    Have you checked the temperatures? Also try switching the Power plans to different plans and see whether there's a change in behaviour.
    Yes its not Win-11 or overheating as this laptop runs at very low temps like 43c CPU and GPU doesn't even register on NS as its so low, which are very low at idle and gaming it doesn't go past 80c with both. Thanks for your answers brummyfan2 and billsey I've narrowed it down to my tablet cooler that was connected via USB that also has 3x USB ports and its shorting out the laptop hence turning it off :D a very simple solution as it also does it with my ancient Canon scanner. Hope this helps others out.

Also to help others out and if their headphones can't be connected to BT on their AN515-56 or similar new laptops with the Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi/BT card, mine are both the JBL LIVE650BTNC and the JBL E45BT headphones that can't connect to BT no matter what I do to the latest Win-11 BT driver the 22.110.2.1 (btw, the OEM Acer installed BT driver version 22.40.0.2 works) as I updated this driver with the Intel Driver & Support Assistant from the Acer old driver to this new 22.110.2.1 driver and its impossible to rollback or install the old driver (I've tried everything and it always goes back to the new driver?). But there is a solution by "Tweaking the Registry" (be careful as tweaking the registry the wrong way will make your system not boot) which works 100% and you have to do this:

1. Go to Search > type Run > regedit > hit Enter
    Now that you have the Registry editor window in front of you, go to  the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder situated on the left side panel.
    3. From the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, open the SOFTWARE folder.
    4. In the SOFTWARE folder, select the Microsoft folder.
    5. In the Microsoft folder, go to the WindowsNT folder.
    6. In the WindowsNT folder, open the CurrentVersion folder.
    7. Now that you are in the CurrentVersion folder, go to Current Version file
    8. Change the version of the Current Version feature to 6.2 instead of what is there 6.3.
    Save your changes and reboot your Win-11 computer.

All this will make your BT headphones work with the latest Win-11 BT driver version 
    22.110.2.1 100% and perfectly as it did to both of my JBL LIVE650BTNC and the JBL E45BT headphones.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options
    Thanks @StevenGen for very useful tips, glad you have fixed your issue  :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are you still having trouble connecting a 2.5" hard drive @stevengen?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @StevenGen You said the computer refuses to turn on, when connecting the seagate hard drive. Have you tried pressing ctrl+s in the main tab of the bios, to check if a function called SATA MODE or VMD CONTROLLER appears?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    Options
    Ok I will try that as I didn't do that, thanks and I will let you know how I make out and if it will work as that mobo SATA plug has a very cheap and poor locking plastic clip to secure the flat HDD cable 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! The vmd controller often interferes with some hard drives and ssds. I would like to know if you were able to solve the problem. But I advise you to enable safeboot on windows first, to avoid the blue screen problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• StevenGen
    Options

Ok thanks for that as I’ve got Secure Boot on but I will press the Ctrl+S keys to get SATA MODE or VMD CONTROLLER to appear, as I haven’t done that. I will do this in the next week as imo I think that it’s the actual SATA mobo plug that is the problem (see caption) as the plugs top horizontal clip that secures the flat HDD SATA cable is not securing this cable properly into the plug, as it’s a flimsy and a very cheap design and even if I get it working this SATA plug will come lose with how I use the laptop while its mobile and I will be back to square one. Thanks for your help egydiocoelho muchly appreciated!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you hear a click when you plug in the sata cable here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• StevenGen
    Options
    Do you hear a click when you plug in the sata cable here?

No that is the problem, this clip was manufactured incorrectly and was faulty from the start and that is why the cable is not secured properly, imo Acer won't change this plug they will replace the mobo, so that is my only other option. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So it must be a manufacturing fault!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• StevenGen
    Options
    Yes it is egydiocoelho as I'm facing a dilemma :D as really I don't use the slave drive much only for backups of personal data and also putting another 2.5" drive (especially a mechanical drive that is heavier than an SSD 2.5" inside) makes the laptop heavier as I do use it in a mobile environment and it really does not give me any additional advantage, what I've done is I bought a 4TB M.2 drive the WD NS750 (read 3100MB/s - write 1600MB/s) that is a perfect upgrade to the M.2 OEM that this Nitro AN515-56 came with which was the WD NS530 that is allot slower and its a perfect compromise that is working much better as I've got heaps of space now especially gaming as it works much better, yes its allot more of an expensive option than having an internal and secondary drive but it works for me, as I'm using that mechanical 2TB Seagate Barracuda as an external drive and it works perfectly that way. I don't want to send it back to Acer as all they will do is change the mobo (they will not change the SATA plug) and I will have a different serial and will have to setup and do everything again to this laptop as now I've finally got this thing to  work perfectly and have all the games and editing software that I use and it works very well for all my needs. Its very unfortunate that Acer have gone this route for these cheap click on SATA plugs as the old plug types (like they use for the internal battery plugs) or the old HDD snap into plugs that they had in the old laptops worked 100% and never ever had any problems with and especially a  laptop where mobility is their design criteria and having this cheap clip on SATA plug has a potential of disconnecting and its a very bad design for a laptop. 
  • billsey
    Options
    You really have only the one choice if you don't want to pay a technician for surface mount repair on the motherboard. Just set your system up the way you want with the new M.2 drive, then swap the original back in before sending it for warranty repair. They will swap out the motherboard and you will put your new drive back in once you have received it again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    Options
    billsey said:
    You really have only the one choice if you don't want to pay a technician for surface mount repair on the motherboard. Just set your system up the way you want with the new M.2 drive, then swap the original back in before sending it for warranty repair. They will swap out the motherboard and you will put your new drive back in once you have received it again.
    Thanks for your advice, muchley appreciated cheers!
  • billsey
    Options
    Let us know how it comes out...