Set pc to sleep automatically Predator Orion 5000

Options
JIMBOB62
JIMBOB62 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 2022 in Predator Desktops
So I've set my monitor to go to sleep after 30 minutes inactivity and it does so, I've tried to set the pc to enter sleep mode at the same time too but it never does. I'm running Predator Orion 5000 on windows 10. I've checked via cmd if an app is keeping it awake and it says not. Thanks

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• messer89
    messer89 Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Open cmd and type rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

• JIMBOB62

Tinkerer

edited March 2022
    Options
    So i did that and my pc went to sleep but i could only wake it up by restarting it. I can put it to sleep via the power button but would prefer it to go to sleep if left unattended.
  • messer89
    messer89 Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    JIMBOB62 said:
    So i did that and my pc went to sleep but i could only wake it up by restarting it. I can put it to sleep via the power button but would prefer it to go to sleep if left unattended.
    ah sorry I misread your question you mean your pc keeps running even tho the screen is in the sleep mode? if yes then idk I've never heard of such issue
  • JIMBOB62

Tinkerer

Options
    messer89 said:
    JIMBOB62 said:
    ah sorry I misread your question you mean your pc keeps running even tho the screen is in the sleep mode? if yes then idk I've never heard of such issue

That's exactly it. I've tried all the different power settings but I'm lost on this. Thanks anyway
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Are you running Windows 10 or Windows 11? Which PO5-xxxx-xxxxx model do you have? In the Settings; System; Power and battery which Power Mode/Plan is selected?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JIMBOB62

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi. I've got a P05 600S Running windows 10 with all updates. Internally it has a 256gig ssd as main drive and a 1tb hard drive, 8 gig ram and a gtx 1660ti. I'm currently on the balanced power plan. On the power and sleep setting, the screen is set to sleep after 10 minutes and the pc is set to sleep after 30 minutes. Screen does exactly as it should but i left my pc for over an hour and it wasn't asleep.
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, try booting into safe mode to see if that has the same behavior. Likely you have an app or driver that is blocking sleep and trying in safe mode will help pin down whether it's a third party or Microsoft issue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JIMBOB62

Tinkerer

Options
    So I left my pc in safe mode while i went out for 90 minutes. When i got back it still wasn't asleep. The monitor went off as normal but not the pc. Thanks
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, so either the power settings for system sleep aren't set right or there is a part of the basic OS that's blocking. Let look at power settings. Go into Settings; Power and Sleep; Change Plan Settings; Change Advanced Power Settings then expand the Sleep settings. Take a picture or screen shot and let us see what's going on.
  • JIMBOB62

Tinkerer

Options
    hope these are the ones
  • billsey
    Options
    Try to disable Allow Wake Timers under the Sleep setting and try again. That will tell us if something else is waking it back up as soon as it's supposed to sleep.
  • JIMBOB62

Tinkerer

Options
    Will update you in the morning. Thanks
  • JIMBOB62

Tinkerer

Options
    Update: still no change at all.  The pc does still go to sleep if i do it from the power button.