Aspire c27-1655 sluggish/lacking response from wireless keyboard and mouse

Timbes
Timbes Member Posts: 2 New User
Any suggestions to remedy?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    There are several things that can affect that. Where is the dongle plugged in for the mouse/keyboard? Is there anything close by that could be giving electrical interference? Do you have software on the computer that might be spending time watching the mouse or keyboard, in addition to the OS itself? You might try booting in safe mode to see if it works well there. If so we need to look at your third party software.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Timbes,

Disconnect and re-connect the device. 
  • Timbes
    Timbes Member Posts: 2 New User
    Both of you - thanks. Appears that a 3.party USB-hub/card reader  I'd plugged caused the problem. Unplugged it and now both mouse and keyboard works fine. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Good to know. Since we can't reallt see what's connected to the system we often don't even think of something like that causing the issue. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dahliabill
    Dahliabill Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks for all the tips. It appears that the C27 is a delicate soul and does not like anything attached via a USB. In future I shall back up after a session and not as I go along.