Onboard Graphics Controller - Acer Aspire TC895

XFader
XFader Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi everyone

I have a Acer Aspire TC895 Desktop and I want to use 2 monitors. The desktop has two HDMI outputs but those doesn't work.
In the BIOS the onboard graphics controller is disabled but it is not possible to enable this in BIOS

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Yes, you likely have a GPU card installed. When there is a graphics card in the PCIe slot the onboard graphics is automatically disabled. Do you not have multiple outputs on the card?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • XFader
    XFader Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes there is a NVIDIA card installed but it has only 1 HDMI output. The onboard graphic card has to HDMI outputs. Do I have to remove the NVIDIA card to enable the onboad card?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    XFader said:
    Yes there is a NVIDIA card installed but it has only 1 HDMI output. The onboard graphic card has to HDMI outputs. Do I have to remove the NVIDIA card to enable the onboad card?
    Most important is, what NVIDIA GPU card do you have? As most GPU cards have HDMI 2.0, Display Port 1.4 and DPI so that you can connect one monitor to either the DVI port of a PC and the other to the HDMI port. In case the device supports Multi-Stream Transport (MST), you can use DisplayPort daisy chaining to connect. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    If your Nvidia card only has one output then you are correct, you have to remove the Nvidia in order to use the two HDMI ports on the motherboard. As far as I knew though both the cards they shipped with (1030 and 1650) had two outputs, though likely HDMI and DVI. With those you just need a DVI to HDMI adapter (not an HDMI to DVI adapter, they are different).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.