No USB option on input menu Acer Nitro XV272UP

Options
Kolos
Kolos Member Posts: 1 New User
So first time getting a pc and decided to get a Acer Nitro XV272UP, the pc tower has 2 USB 2.0 ports and 1 USB 3.0 port, the 2 2.0 ports are being used by mouse and keyboard, so that leaves the 3.0 open for the monitor, and i assumed so as the computer came with a blue USB, so as far as i know thats a 3.0. I plug in everything and turn it on, my mouse and keyboard turn on fine, but my monitor wont, it says "Cable Not Connected" despite the fact i did connect the cable, then when i go to check the input options as i assume thats the problem, I dont see a USB option, much less a USB 3.0 option, despite it giving me a 3.0 cable, the only options it does give me are DP, HDMI1(2.0), and HDMI2(2.0). My tower doesnt have a port for an HDMI cable so i need to use the USB cable it gave me. Is there something im missing to getting this working? any and all help would be appreciated

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Kolos you cannot use USB port for video. Since your pc doesn't have HDMI port, you can use DP for the monitor. The USB ports are for keyboard, mouse,...
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    The USB is to allow you to plug more USB devices in than the computer has ports for. It converts the USB 3.0 port from the computer into four USB 3.0 ports on the monitor. You need to connect the video for the computer to the monitor, either HDMI or DP. Your tower should either have video ports on the motherboard, so next to the USB ports on the back, or on a card that provides port in one or more of the expansion slots. Can you take a picture of the back of the tower so we can see what you actually have back there?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.