Need help with sound monitor - LCD Nitro QG1

Options
eddiekid
eddiekid Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2022 in Monitors
Got a new Acer monitor - LCD Nitro QG1 series. Only problem is that I'm getting sound only thru the monitor and volume is quite low. Not getting anything thru my desktop speakers or thru headphones. Any suggestions? BTW I have quite low vision so reading takes me longer and sometimes I may miss some point that I should pay attention to. Thank you

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    eddiekid

I understand you are getting the sound only through monitor.  

click on start - settings - system – sound – You will see  chose your output and input device 
    On the " chose your output device "  - chose headset or speakers as you desire..
    On the "chose your input device" - click on drop down menu - chose microphone as the input 

or

click on the speaker icon on the lower right corner of taskbar 
    It will show you the volume slider 
    Just on top of it it will show you the device name.   click on it  -  It will show multiple output devices.
    Chose the best one you like. 

Kindly follow the details from link 

https://computerinfobits.com/how-to-change-audio-output-windows/
    https://in.pcmag.com/audio/141598/sound-coming-out-of-the-wrong-speaker-on-your-pc-try-this-quick-fix
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-external-speakers-not-working-in-windows-10/
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-default-sound-output-device-in-windows-10

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• eddiekid
    eddiekid Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you William for replying. I'm still not out of the woods. BTW, if it matters, I put in the wrong model no.; should be QG241Y. I used on the links you provided to disable the monitor speaker. What I have now is sound thru my earphones but not thru the desktop speakers. They do show a green light and I assumed if I unplugged the earphones, the sound would revert to the desktop speakers. But not so far. I feel like something is wrong with the input device configuration. Or is it possible I've plugged in one of cords on the back of the new Acer monitor? There's something I'm missing but can't figure out what.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Go into Sound Settings on your computer (you can right click the speaker icon at bottom right) and choose the output you wish. You likely want Speakers rather than HDMI or headset.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • William_mk2
    Options
    eddiekid

I understand you used to get sound  only thru the monitor and now you get the sound through headphones.     I understand you are not getting sound through desktop speakers.     Please double check whether the speakers are connected properly.    If possible try to unplug the speakers and plug it back or if it is a usb speaker then try to connect it on a different port.    Try to turn off and turn on the speakers.    Increase the volume of speakers and check.  

click on the speaker icon on the lower right corner of taskbar 
    It will show you the volume slider 
    Just on top of it it will show you the device name.   click on it  -  It will show multiple output devices.
    Chose the external speakers on the list
    Try to play a youtube video..

It should work fine now on external speakers.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★