P196HQV I cannot get windows 11 to detect this monitor as a second screen. Is it too old?

Options
SugarRay52
SugarRay52 Member Posts: 2 New User
P196HQV monitor. I cannot get windows 11 to detect this monitor as a second screen. Is it too old? I can't seem to get any driver updates for this monitor using windows 11

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    You don't need a driver. What are you connecting it to? Do you know if the cable is working right? Are you using just a cable or an adapter that changes type, like VGA to HDMI? IIRC that monitor is ten or twelve years old, but should still work fine.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SugarRay52
    SugarRay52 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi billsey, I am connecting to an Acer laptop  Aspire 315-54. I am using the VGA analog video cable VGA with a USB adaptor to connect to the laptop. This arrangement was working on windows 10, then I upgraded to windows 11 then it stopped working.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022
    Options
    OK, the Aspire A315-54 looks like the adapter you were using was USB 3.0 to VGA, which requires a drive to work. What brand is the adapter, do you still have the driver disk that came with it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.