Aspire 1, Model # N19H1, will not charge.

Options
DevineAlto
DevineAlto Member Posts: 1 New User
One day my laptop and charger were working perfectly, the next day nothing. I was not able to turn it on. I just received "Critical Low Battery" message. The charging light on the side of the laptop was not on. the charger cable was connected properly. There is no crack or any damage to the charger cables. I had recently upgraded to Windows 11. Does that have anything to do with it? Should I buy a multimeter to check the charger, install a new battery? What is my next step?  The charger failure occurred on 2/23/2022.  Thank you!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,697 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Does your model appear on this Win11 compatiblity list. There are dozens of different N19H1 laptops. Which one do you have? For example, A315-21? EX215-23?

Jack E/NJ

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @DevineAlto

You can try to turn off the laptop disconnect it from the charger and flip the laptop upside down. At the back side of the laptop you will be able to find a small hole that has a battery symbol near that. Just you need to push and hold it down into that hole for 30 to 40 secs. Then you can try to check if the laptop does charge.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    # Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,697 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does your model appear on this Win11 compatiblity list. There are dozens of different N19H1 laptops. Which one do you have? For example, A315-21? EX215-23?

Jack E/NJ