nitro 5 charging shows 0 even it is fully charged

sumanth56
sumanth56 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited February 2022 in Nitro Gaming
when i had fully charged my acer nitro 5 i5 to 100% charging suddenly it shut down in the middle and restarts by its own and shows o% charging and if we connect the charger  the i can see 2  blue lights  as it indicates battery is fully charged and the charging percent doesnt raises from 0 

\\\\ please provide me with an solution\\\\\

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,782 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This brief half-hour gap in which the battery showed an apparently temporary 100% wear level is suspicious. Batteries usually don't fail instantly this way. But bad connections do. I suspect a high impedance connection between the battery and the mainboard. A high impedance connection would look like a fully charged battery under no load but totally depleted under load.

I suggest re-seating the battery connector to the mainboard a few times to try to clean up its contacts. 11 screws must be removed from the bottom cover and cover pried off. 2 screws securing the battery must be removed. Then pull the battery pack out and push it back into the mainboard connector a few times to help clean its contacts. Then re-assemble and try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Just let the laptop charge normally. You can always re-seat it again if need be.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Batteries, right click Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery and select Properties, move to driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • JackE
    Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu. Right click command prompt. Click run as administrator. Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• sumanth56
    please provide me the solution for this problem 
  • Hi,
    You can also download HWmonitor and install, run it and post the picture of the battery section.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

• JackE
    The battery has dropped below the critical 5% charge level probably because the laptop was not fully shutdown. Try this. Make sure the laptop is turned off with the charger plugged in. is the battery charge LED steady or blinking orange? If yes, don't try to turn the laptop on until the battery charge LED turns to steady blue. This may take up to 24hrs because the battery dropped below the critical charge level of 5%. Sometimes the battery is permanently damaged when this happens and might  not charge any more. Wait for 24 hours to see if it turns blue.

Jack E/NJ

• sumanth56
    the battery light is blue that means fully charged
  • sumanth56
  • sumanth56
  • sumanth56
  • Hi,
    I think you may need a new battery but wait for the response from @JackE as well, in the meantime, go to BIOS screen and  move to Main tab, press F9 button, then press F10 button to Save & Exit.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    This brief half-hour gap in which the battery showed an apparently temporary 100% wear level is suspicious. Batteries usually don't fail instantly this way. But bad connections do. I suspect a high impedance connection between the battery and the mainboard. A high impedance connection would look like a fully charged battery under no load but totally depleted under load.

I suggest re-seating the battery connector to the mainboard a few times to try to clean up its contacts. 11 screws must be removed from the bottom cover and cover pried off. 2 screws securing the battery must be removed. Then pull the battery pack out and push it back into the mainboard connector a few times to help clean its contacts. Then re-assemble and try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sumanth56
    Thank you really it worked but don't know what will happen again if we charge to 100% 
    But I am unable to fix back the warranty seal screw it was not fixing inside
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Just let the laptop charge normally. You can always re-seat it again if need be.

Jack E/NJ

• sumanth56

So after some days same problem appears so for this I had bought an new battery and insert it to my laptop so it's not calibrating properly first charge l left the laptop for12 hrs on charge and then after using the laptop when it reaches 80 percentage it show only 6 percentage left charge how to over come this problem

• JackE

Follow these directions to calibrate your battery with Acer Care Center or manually. Use 100% charge, not 80% limit.

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/140-calibrate-your-battery-using-acer-care-center

Jack E/NJ

• sumanth56

There Is No option in acer care to calibrate battery in acer care

• JackE

Then you should click on this link to manually calibrate the battery.

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/80-how-to-charge-and-care-for-your-acer-batteryp.

Jack E/NJ

• sumanth56

my batttery report pleace check

• JackE

Something seems to have happened or changed on Feb 20th. What do you think that was?

Jack E/NJ