Aspire TC-895 - very loud fan noise

MaximH
MaximH Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi. Then fan of my computer keeps on accelerating back and forth no matter what I do on the computer. It is very loud, somehow reminds me of an slow motion version of a race car accelerating. It might stay silent for several minutes and then suddenly start accelerating back and forth for several minutes and then stop again for some time and so on. I noticed that someone had the same problem in one discussion and there it was suggested to switch BIOS to default settings with F9. I tried it but it didn't work. Other suggestions highly appreciated. Thank you!

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @MaximH

First of all, pin point the noise source. There may be CPU, PC case, PSU, graphics card or even added device fans.
    If you are sure the noise is from the CPU fan, I'll suggest doing a new thermal paste and clean the fan.

If the problem persist, change the CPU cooler altogether, preferrably to a little overdesigned one.
    Some people reported changing the CPU cooler (including the fan of course) solved the noisy fan problem.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @MaximH,

Dust is the most common cause of laptop noises. Dust damages your system in various ways including obstructing your laptops fan, which causes it to make loud noises. Your laptop's processor is essentially its brain; hence, we advise that you clean the processor's cooler from time to time.
  • coppull
    coppull Member Posts: 2 New User

Mine is brand new and is so loud its unbearable,basically like a hairdryer full time.

• coppull
    coppull Member Posts: 2 New User

ps,mines a acer aspire c27 1655 27 inch all in one pc.